Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

2016 zr4000lxr

5K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  ZR6000 
#1 ·
Picked up a used 2016 ZR4000LXR over the weekend for my Wife.

Just under 1000 miles. Fairly mint besides a small flaw in a side panel decal and some powder coat chips on one A-arm.

Gentleman said that he had already fogged the sled, so it will smoke a bit. And it sure did!
Got quite a bit better a few heat cycles, but still seems to smoke more than I thought it would.

Maybe it just needs a couple miles of trail time to clear out. But that won't happen until next season.

Is this one going to smoke and stink, as my Wife says, like her old 1997 ZR500?
I realize the 4000 is pretty low tech compared to the C-Tech 2's.
Would like to hear other's experiences with oil consumption.
Wish it had a slightly quieter muffler too.

See less See more
#9 ·
No idea how big your wife is, but I bought a 2014 ZR 5000 LXR for my wife and the shocks were WAY too stiff for her(she's no more than 120 lbs dressed)......She's used to plush riding TZ1's..........Took the shocks outa the ZR and had them revalved at Carver Performance. Made an unbelievable difference for her. Big miles are no problem now!

#12 ·
If it's a "new" 2015, then the dealer should be the only one touching it until warranty has expired.
If it's "new to you" most everything that you need to know can be found here.

http://countrycat.com/ccstore/kbase/snow/2015/2-Stroke.pdf

Page 128. Looks like oil pump adjustment hasn't changed in many years.

I'll be checking mine as well. However, I will not adjust leaner than spec. That's just plain scary.

#14 ·
great package! yeah they smoke a bit, but hey it's a two stroke.......I had the dealer check my oil pump adjustment when it was in the shop for a warranty related issue. The issue was the oil tank level sensor was bad from the get go. The dealer replaced it no problem, and checked the spec on the pump said it was spot on. I'll take their word for it. I have a great relationship with them and trust them.

The LXR is a great package, I was looking for one actually, as big miles are our thing. I ended up finding a better deal on the RR model and went with that.

#16 ·
The reason they smoke so much at start up is all the oil that pools up where the oil pump and the water pump run off of the crank. That area on this engine is not sealed so that oil is the first to get burned when started. The new 800 along with the 600 have a sealed environment in this area.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.