Do they work good ??
Or do they fall out on bumps
Will they get to hot and short out
Blowing fuses/ melt the end of these inside your 12v plug
Or just best to use the harness that came
With the helmet with the inline fuse
Wire to the battery & run the cord under the seat & there you go

#3 ·
When I researched the plug down by the oil tank and it didnt put out any juice but I was testing it wrong with my meter. So I spliced into the 12v outlets back side and wired the heated shield to it and still have juice for other things. If it cant do 2 things very well, I'll re-wire to the outlet below and tie it to the handle bars. But the bottom plug is AC current not DC but the shield works on either so I'm told. Cell phone batterys dont like cold weather so a charger is a good idea ( if you can get a signal that is.)

#4 ·
I know how to wire it
What I'm asking is about theses adapter plugs that plug into your 12v supply
Do they
Work well or are they just a waste of time
If they work then I will buy one
Instead of wiring it to the battery and
Running the cord under the seat
Thanks

#6 ·
yah just order the pantera kit...uses chaincase side plug...comes with dash mount and cover. I like mine

#10 · (Edited)
I used the plug-in adaptor for several years. It worked ok for the first year, but started to work its way out of the accessory plug the second year and I had to often push the adapter back into the socket. Do yourself a favor and buy the heat shield plug that can be mounted in a convenient place for you. It can be routed to the accessory plug by the oil tank. Drill a 3/8 hole in the plastic, push the plug through and secure with the supplied nut, and zip tie the wiring in place. Very easy to do. Comes with instructions. I bought one for my RR and the wife's LXR. Rockerdude

#11 ·
Thanks when you say by the oil tank
Is this on a 9000 turbo & do you have any
Pics ?? Of this hook up
I just bought this new helmet & it comes
With the cords & the wiring harness
With the in line fuse that you hook up to
The battery then run the cord under your seat again easy to do
I had a feeling that the adapter would
Be sooner or later a problem

#14 ·
I think I'm going to re-wire both the sleds to the oil tank outlet.

#16 ·
The 12 volt adapter works well as long as you don't unplug the shield and have the male end of the cord touch the sled's metal while sled is running. It will pop the fuse every time which also controls the gauges.

#17 ·
The 12 volt adapter works well as long as you don't unplug the shield and have the male end of the cord touch the sled's metal while sled is running. It will pop the fuse every time which also controls the gauges. Wiring to the plug by the chaincase would still be my preference (and what I did with the two we have now).

#18 ·
I use the chaincase plug for my visor and the dash plug for GPS.

Routing the wire up from the chaincase correctly is critical. Zip tie every potential loose spot. Also keep the wire away from wear points on the cowling and away from the pull cord. I always route far as possible from the can. No need to melt the wire.

Dash location for me is always on the upper left.

I ride with one guy that did not care where the wire came out of the dash. He tore out the whole thing and blew a fuse while pulling the start cord. It made the day longer with less riding. He does better planning on routing the cord.

#21 ·
Remove right side panel and loosen the next panel and pivot it back to gain access to the harness. The plug will be in the group of wires just to the left of the oil tan/chaincase as in about where your right knee would be while on the sled. It has a protective cover on it and it looks to have one wire coming out of it but it isnt hooked to anything, its just there to keep you from losing it.
THe wiring kit that comes with the heated shield is barely long enough but you can get it to the base of the handlebars. I added an 8 inch extension to it from and auto parts store, a pair of wires with a 2 pin connector on each side, pretty simple and like mentioned, lots of tie wraps.

#23 ·
I’m having some issues getting the Arctic Cat visor outlet cable (part # 7639-041) to work for my heated shield. My sled is a 2015 ZR9000 LXR.

I plugged the 2 prong end into the appropriate connector down by the right footwell. The other end I routed up to the dash and installed the outlet and then grounded it to a bolt on the steering column. Is there a better spot to ground it to? I show 12.05v coming from the outlet but it won’t light up my helmet. However, if I plug the helmet into the cigarette lighter it works just fine so I know it’s not the helmet.

I want to use the cigarette lighter for a gps so I’d really like to get this shield outlet to work.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

#24 ·
Not following you here. You dont have to ground anything. Just run the 2 wired cable up and plug your helmet shield into it. Maybe the cable kit you bought isnt the right one.

#25 ·
I bought it at the AC dealer. It was part # 7639-041. It has the 2 pronged connector at one end that plugs right into the harness at the foot well and the other end has a the positive wire going to the inside of the port and the negative wire going to a loop for the ground.

Here's a link to what it looks like:

#27 ·
I was thinking the small plug, same size that plugs into the shield. Forget what they call it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.