Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

2016 M sleds? Big changes?

10K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  2012M8 
#1 ·
Well it's that time again speculating on the new models and advances we hope for. Will 2016 be a game changer or just a accessory adding year? Polaris released there new Axis chassis RMK. they are widening the gap. Fingers crossed Arctic Cat has something big coming!

#2 ·
I have heard nothing at all. But the dealers are all getting aggressive on sales of 14 /15 that may be a good sign. Their 800 is bulletproff but needs to be cleaner lots of rumors on the size. Fuel delivery will most likely be the C tec version which i like. There are some easy wins on the Proclimb chassis, belt drive, small oil tank , the hood / intake, moving the steering foward, and lots more. I dont see AC moving from this chassis yet (its on year 4 now) but they could improve it for 16.

#3 ·
As a m8 rider,
I love my 2013, I've had my fair share of problems but at its core it gets it done.
First the 800, is as good on gas as the 800etec summit 154, went riding yesterday powder for powder miles for miles he actually used 1$ more then I did. When the ctec2 I believe it will be better one gas.
Now let's figure this out,
BELT DRIVE, I have one and love it!! -10 lbs
Lighter ctec2 maybe get 2lbs lighter off crank again?
Lighter hood -8lbs
Revised front suspension -2/3 lbs
Getting some carbon fiber in there somewhere!
Cat has a lot of ground to cover brp out does cat 8:1 in revelstroke was very disappointed to learn that:(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#4 · (Edited)
I'd like to see them fix the lower A arm and put an arc in it to help in the snow and side hilling. Put better skis on the front. Also bring the front end up out of the snow like ski doo and polaris have done. I find it interesting with all the new add ons available for this chassis on the Arctic Cat store. Can't help to think they will make it on to the 2016. 7" drivers, 3" 153 track, Air boards. And I do agree Cat can cut 30-40 lbs with out losing reliability. We have a 2008 M8 153, 2012 M8 153, 2013 Etec 800 154 and a new 2015 polaris Pro 800 155 in our garage. There all great but I love my Cat!

#5 ·
Here's more fuel to feed the new 2016 M model. I contacted my dealer about snow checking a new 2016 M8000 and Yes he wants my snow check but, he seemed over excited to tell me about the 2014 and 2015 deals. Hmmmm my Arctic Cat senses are tingling! Hope it's not just gas?

#7 ·
I'm just stoked for a 141x3.

#9 ·
I've been doing some forum searching. Seems that most sites agree there is a bigger track coming. 3" lug for sure, possibly a 176". Also a new mill 800 CTec = 40lbs weight loss right there. Several forums also say this year Cat will give Polaris a run for there money. Interesting thought. There is a 2016 M8000 new sled release demo ride planned for Revelstoke and Valemount coming up in March. March the 1st is the release date for the new sled, hope it's good!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.