Performance/Racing Asphalt, Grass, Ice. No BS. Just racing talk from the pros!

Old 10-11-2010, 03:48 PM   #1

Sled: 2003 Arctic Cat 440 Sno Pro
ATV: Polaris 330 Trailboss
I bought a 2003 440 Sno Pro recently and I moved it into my garage and noticed it was leaking. There are 2 hoses underneath the sled that are letting out what seems like oil. Its been sitting there doing this for 3 days and I tried to start it today and found out it won't start. Choke didnt make a difference. I'm somewhat new to snowmobiles and need some help figuring out why its leaking and why it won't start.
JordanC is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 10-14-2010, 11:49 PM   #2

Sled: 2003 440 Sno Pro
10-11 Mileage:
09-10 Mileage: 1500
08-09 Mileage: 550
07-08 Mileage: 300
06-07 Mileage: 1500
ATV: 2001 Sherco 290cc trials motorcycle
2008 Mileage: unknown
2007 Mileage: unknown
2006 Mileage: unknown
Those two hoses, if they are the ones that come out of the bottom of the side panel by the exhaust they are breathers as near as I can tell for your exhaust valves i'm not exactly sure of their purpose. Mine also "leak" if you want to call it that, it souldn't be a pudde just a small spot on the floor after a month or so if anything at all especially for how long it's been sitting there. As for the no starting issue just start troubleshooting, do you have spark? fuel getting to the carbs? fuel getting properly through the carbs to the engine? Good luck with it these are awesome little sleds! make sure to jet a little rich so you don't melt it down, a few fouled spark plugs are cheaper than an engine rebuild. I melted my first engine down so I swapped in an '02 motor ran it for last season tore it down to check things over and had a cracked piston skirt so now i'm rebuilding the top end on my original engine about $800 for a top end so far
2003 440 sno pro converted to pump gas, home made "silencer" can, 144" long track, complete powder coat, ceramic coated exhaust, chrom-moly "M" A-arms narrowd it up 4" and saved about 5lbs, SLP powder pro skis, Pinned weight drive clutch, fresh top end, Boyesen Rage Cages, Snow Eliminators, Fox Float Evol R's, Boss seat, Dry Weight 390lbs
1991 Prowler 440 136 mountain cat edition all original condition i still ride when my new one lets me down
2001 Sherco-Bultaco 290cc Trials motorcycle
1992 Kawaskai 550 sx jet ski
2) 1978 Arctic Cat Wet Bikes
cwjohndeere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 06:08 PM   #3

Easy fix on the not starting, fresh set of plugs. As for the leaking..its not just a a few drips, it was a big puddle and just kept getting bigger. I checked the fuel lines going to the carbs and when i pushed them onto it more they squirted out gas so i ziptied both of them on there and it seemed to drastically slow it down, its been a week and i just have a few drips.
Old 11-03-2010, 10:30 AM   #4

Sled: 2008 F8 Sno Pro
10-11 Mileage: 1800
09-10 Mileage: 2650
08-09 Mileage: 1400
07-08 Mileage: 1100
06-07 Mileage: 1200
ATV: Prowler
It shouldn't be the fuel lines making a big puddle. After the fuel in the bowl leaks out, that should be it unless the sled is running and making the fuel pump operate.

Aside: The best thing for the fuel line connection is to clip off the last 1/4 to 1/2 inch of line where it connects to the carb. Now you have a fresh line that hasn't been stretched at the end yet, and will form well to the inlet on the carb.
Any time you take a fuel line off, you have to clip the stretched out ends; otherwise it'll leak - even with zip ties.
Old 11-03-2010, 04:34 PM   #5

I haven't taken off the carb lines at all but if i can just slide it up onto the inlet part its probally pretty stretched out, so i'll take a bit off and see if it does anything.

EDIT: I went and checked and to the first carb i don't think there will be enough left for it to even reach the inlet if i snipped a bit off

Lower Navigation
Go Back   ArcticChat.com - Arctic Cat Forum » Snowmobiles » Performance/Racing

Search tags for this page

03 440 sno pro no spark

03 440 sno pro won't run

03 arctic cat 440 snowpro carb setup

03 sno pro not getting fuel

2003 arctic cat 440 sno pro carb settings

2003 arctic cat 440 sno pro no spark

2003 arctic cat zr440 sno pro no spark

2003 sno pro leak

2005 sno pro 440 leaking oil from two hoses

sno pro spark plug eaten
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.