Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

MSD Timing

2K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  cjt 
#1 ·
Have someone here used MC4 timing on Firecat? I have ordered me one of thoose,and I`m looking for some other that have played with them.
And for you dipsie prick,sorry for my bad engelish.. :moon:

#7 ·
I have installed it yes. Not what i wanted. Was not aware that the MC4 not have the system like D7 got. I wanted a timingsystem that i can control revlimiter in secounds. Got it on my mod Firecat. Revs 8600 (i hope)
Sill looking for some pipes to fit this motor. Difficult to do R/D when i dont have a dyno. Used 150liters of fuel last year on the racetrack to dial it in.(stock trottles and imp ecu). Have used 3 sets of pipes on this motor,and im still not there..

#8 ·
UH..... NO . This motor and its intended use are way out of Bikeman's league and capabilities. Its definately not as simple as just lengthing or shortening header sections, stinger adjustments and modding some pipes made for a completely different application.

Maybe he will just contact D&D directly and check into their new IMP 1000 twin pipes. Pipe volume (and being exactly equal)is critical for the distance Luke is racing.

#9 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SLEEPERF7 @ Oct 26 2006, 01:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
UH..... NO . This motor and its intended use are way out of Bikeman's league and capabilities. Its definately not as simple as just lengthing or shortening header sections, stinger adjustments and modding some pipes made for a completely different application.

Maybe he will just contact D&D directly and check into their new IMP 1000 twin pipes. Pipe volume (and being exactly equal)is critical for the distance Luke is racing.[/b]

ok, good as long as you have it all figured out...good luck :moon:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.