Old 12-30-2010, 02:55 PM   #1

Sled: 08 M8
08-09 Mileage: 350
BDX powervalve delete kit

Anyone have one of these kits on a 800? And what are the pros/cons and does it work??
brad6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 12-31-2010, 07:16 PM   #2

Sled: 2002 Mountain Cat 800 LE 151"
07-08 Mileage: 500
BDX
pros:
- no complicated electrical over mechanical control system of computer > servo > cables > valves, to clean and maintain
- drops a little weight
- creates much needed space for turbo kit or aftermarket pipes
- lots cheaper than a replacement servo motor and cables

cons:
- its a stationary valve that does not vary exhaust flow with respect to rpm, so you will notice a performance loss with stock pipes, regardless of what they claim

STM
I installed Supreme Tool & Machine's power valve kit on my '02 800 a few years back after having bad cables and a toasted servo motor. Their kit lifts the valves according to exhaust pressure with a bellows (like Doo). It's a much simpler system than stock, and its tunable to open at desired rpm. Performance was just as good as stock through full range of rpm. I had some reliability issues due to the bellows retaining cap design being a little weak. Trying to get that sled going again this year so they're sending me parts from an updated design.
On a side note, the bellows housing is a little bigger than the stock valve housing so I don't know if it fits on the newer model chassis or with aftermarket pipes, but worth looking in to.
Old 01-01-2011, 09:28 AM   #3

ArcticChat.com Moderator  
Sled: 11 cf8le-T, 2012 m800
07-08 Mileage: 3500
06-07 Mileage: 2800
ATV: my KAYAK
I know the STM fits on the 8 & 1000 laydown motors with twins, but not sure about the older 8 if that's what you've got.

The negatives of the valve delete are greater as the motor gets smaller, as the bottom end loss is more obvious. I know people with 1200's with the deletes that like them, but fewer 1000's that do, and I don't know anyone with the 800 that likes them.

I've owned two sets, and don't have a "problem" with them, but would not recommend them unless you're a very serious weight watcher & are willing to compromise runnability for weight.
2011 CF8 LE 141 Cutler stage II race gas turbo, powerclaw track, BD-X oil delete, Koso egt, Bparks light weight bushings, BD-X inner wheel kit, BD-X 2 wheel, BD-X anti-stab, BD-X 40" A arms with 19" floats
Wildchild T top post with 4-6" Rox adj riser, protaper bars, cycra handguards, pro design tether.
BR-tech Thrasher hood and venting.

And a throttle that points the RIGHT way, FORWARD!!!!

250++hp...and still quieter than a sled with a can!

2012 proclimb M800 snopro, BDX oil delete, CE 2.5 track, 38" arms, wildchild post mod, pro design tether, and a hot dogger (and of course, a forward throttle...)

PM me if you're looking for lightweight or diamond drive parts, I can get you discount pricing on BDX parts.
kalebtimberlake is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   ArcticChat.com - Arctic Cat Forum » Snowmobiles » Arctic Cat Snowmobiles » M Series/Mtn.

Search tags for this page
arctic cat power valve delete
arctic cat power valve delete kit
bdx exhaust valve delete
bdx power valve delet

bdx power valve delete

bdx power valve delete kit

bdx snowmobile

power valve delete kit

power valve eliminators on apv
zr 500 power valve eliminator
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.