Break in period and gas mileage? - ArcticChat.com - Arctic Cat Forum

General Snowmobile Discussion Anything snowmobile related. Arctic Cat or not.

Old 01-06-2017, 12:05 AM   #1

Break in period and gas mileage?

I just picked up a new leftover 2016 ZR 4000 LXR from the dealer last weekend. I love the sled. Fits the bill perfect for the kind of riding I got it for. I drove it right from the dealership parking lot with a full tank of gas and hit the trails with it. I'm guessing that because this is the first tank of gas this sled has ever had that my fuel economy is far less than what I can expect after the sled is broken in? I have only put about 70 miles on the sled and I am already on the last gas bar. From what I can find online others with this sled are getting 120-150 miles per tank with these sleds. Can I expect my MPG to go up quite a bit after the sled is broken in? And about how many miles can I expect to see that roughly?

Also does the ZR 4000 LXR have a low fuel light that will come on after the last fuel bar runs down? Or do I need to keep a close eye on those fuel bars and head for a gas station as soon as I see that last bar blinking?
HunterHads is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 01-06-2017, 09:55 PM   #2

Sled: 2016 HCL
10-11 Mileage:
09-10 Mileage: 750 2010 CF8 SP
08-09 Mileage: 2456 2005 F7
Are you sure it was fill? If so fill it up and see how many gallons it takes, subtract from fuel capacity to determine how much was in tank.

Not sure the gauge you have but many on electronic gauges have been off.

I have never seen much of an increase in MPG from first tank to last tank, I think the 4000 has a 500cc and you should get in the 14 - 16 mpg range trail riding.

Where did you purchase it that you could drive it off the lot?
jjlrrw is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   ArcticChat.com - Arctic Cat Forum » Snowmobiles » General Snowmobile Discussion