NavbitArcticChat.com - Arctic Cat Forum » Snowmobiles » General Snowmobile Discussion » 2014 Spring order / Snow Check question about rules

General Snowmobile Discussion Anything snowmobile related. Arctic Cat or not.

Old 02-24-2013, 10:35 AM   #1

Sled: 2014 M8000 Limited 153" ES Orange
2014 Spring order / Snow Check question about rules

I'm interested in doing a spring order/snow check on a 2014 ProClimb M800 Limited 153". I've never done one before and have questions.

I understand there is a $500 non-refundable deposit and a deadline. Product is delivered in the late fall. A 3 year warranty and maybe $500 in Cat Cash.

My question is about pricing. By snow checking, am I locked into the full MSRP or is there any negotiating the sales price down? Seems like another brand is offering a price guarantee, in the event the price goes down during the regular season.

Since there is no nearby Arctic Cat dealership, I don't feel obligated to buy from a specific dealer. Would I be able to get better pricing from other locations or online? (e.g. Ford X-Plan specifies all dealerships sell at the same price.)
Ranzou is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 02-25-2013, 10:16 PM   #2

Sled: '13 F800 SP LTD, '14 XF9000 LTD
ATV: 2001 400EX, 1988 250R
 Quote: Originally Posted by Ranzou View Post
I'm interested in doing a spring order/snow check on a 2014 ProClimb M800 Limited 153". I've never done one before and have questions.

I understand there is a $500 non-refundable deposit and a deadline. Product is delivered in the late fall. A 3 year warranty and maybe $500 in Cat Cash.

My question is about pricing. By snow checking, am I locked into the full MSRP or is there any negotiating the sales price down? Seems like another brand is offering a price guarantee, in the event the price goes down during the regular season.

Since there is no nearby Arctic Cat dealership, I don't feel obligated to buy from a specific dealer. Would I be able to get better pricing from other locations or online? (e.g. Ford X-Plan specifies all dealerships sell at the same price.)
I snow checked my 2013 F800 Sno Pro Ltd. and it is no different then ordering a new car at the dealer. You can shop around where ever you want and order it from the dealer with the best price if that's what you're after. A lot of dealers in my area are extremely aggressive with their pricing on snow check models, but others are not and you might end up getting a better price picking one up in the fall. I'm very happy I snow checked and my dad will most likely be snow checking a 2014 sled. If you want a Ltd it is going to be a little more difficult if you don't snow check b/c you have to order them by the snow check deadline. The dealer is sticking their neck out by ordering a more expensive sled hoping to sell it.
forevergreen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to forevergreen For This Useful Post:
Ranzou (02-25-2013)
Old 03-17-2013, 12:41 AM   #3

Snow check quotes

Since this is my first ever snow check, I'd like to get some outside opinions on pricing. I'm not asking for a steal or to be ripped off. I just want a fair deal.

I'm looking at ordering a 2014 Arctic Cat M 8000 ES 153" in orange.

An online store was first to provide a straight quote. Essentially, coming in $125 below MSRP after setup, delivery, and doc fees. Upcoming sale in a couple days would take another $200 off and a free avalanche beacon ($300). Registration and taxes would be separate.

The other offer, much closer to home, is offering $300 below MSRP that includes a free premiem OEM cover, oil, PDI gas, setup and inspection, doc fees, and DMV registration! Sales tax is separate.

A third dealership has failed to return my call for 2 business days.

Any additions thought about my problem?
Old 03-17-2013, 09:29 PM   #4

Wow, all of those prices seem high to me, but I don't know how things work where you are. I got mine for about $1400 below MSRP OTD. I'm planning on Sno Checking a 14 this year, but I haven't done any pricing yet.
Old 03-17-2013, 09:59 PM   #5
Administrator

ArcticChat.com Admin  
Administrator
Sled: 2015 XF7000sp Limited
10-11 Mileage: 1568
09-10 Mileage: don't ask.....
It depends on the dealer and how much he wants to put in his pocket from the sale, I priced several dealers here in Pa and one in Ny. for the El Tigre 6000ES and had anywhere from $10500. to MSRP to $12365.50 all these then need tax and reg. on them, a Ny. dealer that I have never stepped foot in his store gave me the best deal of $9999. OTD and he is still making a little off it, but not being greedy. I did everything with email, and a credit card. I now will make that 5/6 hour drive not only for the sled, but service if needed and will definitely be getting items/accessories shipped from him. And the local dealers wonder why most guys do not buy from them. GREED!!!!

Need info on riding Pa??
http://www.pasnow.org
Pennsylvania Snowmobiling | Facebook

PA Certified snowmobile Safety Instructor
Ride safe arrive safe
contact Don@ dadsf7@hotmail.com

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions."-- Ronald Reagan

"Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives." -- Ronald Reagan

dadszr is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dadszr For This Useful Post:
Ranzou (03-17-2013)
Old 03-17-2013, 10:26 PM   #6

I figured there was lots of wiggle room in pricing. The original quote I got was the MSRP. After laying down the info I had from the other place, they quickly made a counter offer; which I think is somewhat a fair deal.

I live in California, so registration is not pretty! When I moved here I had to pay almost $250 to register my 10 year old sled. So I estimate that including registration in the quote is worth anywhere from $500-$1000. Premium setup was also included, for whatever that means.

Perhaps I'll cold call a few other dealerships for a better idea what offers are available. I don't mind a dealership making a few dollars from sales to keep the doors open, but ridiculous overpricing prevents sales. The whole haggling thing is a broken system. We bought a new Explorer last fall through Ford X-Plan. Was the best car buying experience ever! No stress, no worries. Wish Arctic Cat offered a similar plan for stock holders.
Old 03-18-2013, 02:28 PM   #7

I'm not one to haggle on price. I simply call around to most of the semi-local dealers and ask for a price. If the price they give me isn't their best price and someone else beats them, that's their problem and I won't be buying it from them. I don't have time to play the haggling game. Give me your best deal and you'll know if it's good enough based on whether you get the sale or not. Just that simple.
Old 03-18-2013, 02:36 PM   #8

Quote: Originally Posted by dadszr View Post
It depends on the dealer and how much he wants to put in his pocket from the sale, I priced several dealers here in Pa and one in Ny. for the El Tigre 6000ES and had anywhere from $10500. to MSRP to $12365.50 all these then need tax and reg. on them, a Ny. dealer that I have never stepped foot in his store gave me the best deal of $9999. OTD and he is still making a little off it, but not being greedy. I did everything with email, and a credit card. I now will make that 5/6 hour drive not only for the sled, but service if needed and will definitely be getting items/accessories shipped from him. And the local dealers wonder why most guys do not buy from them. GREED!!!!
Looks like you found a dealer that actually wants your business and works to get you a good deal. We're not asking that they sell the sleds for a loss, just that they put a little less money in their pockets and in turn leave a little more in ours. I hope you have a good experience with this dealer and that the new 600 turns out to be a great sled.
Old 03-18-2013, 03:04 PM   #9
Administrator

ArcticChat.com Admin  
Administrator
Sled: 2015 XF7000sp Limited
10-11 Mileage: 1568
09-10 Mileage: don't ask.....
 Quote: Originally Posted by forevergreen View Post
I'm not one to haggle on price. I simply call around to most of the semi-local dealers and ask for a price. If the price they give me isn't their best price and someone else beats them, that's their problem and I won't be buying it from them. I don't have time to play the haggling game. Give me your best deal and you'll know if it's good enough based on whether you get the sale or not. Just that simple.
I did the same thing this year.

Quote: Originally Posted by forevergreen View Post
Looks like you found a dealer that actually wants your business and works to get you a good deal. We're not asking that they sell the sleds for a loss, just that they put a little less money in their pockets and in turn leave a little more in ours. I hope you have a good experience with this dealer and that the new 600 turns out to be a great sled.
Thanks, I'm sure it will be a beginning of a great thing. I agree they are there to make money, but don't rip me off either, not to mention you have the sled, then you have services, accessories, parts and all that adds up fast and if treated decent you'll be back.

Need info on riding Pa??
http://www.pasnow.org
Pennsylvania Snowmobiling | Facebook

PA Certified snowmobile Safety Instructor
Ride safe arrive safe
contact Don@ dadsf7@hotmail.com

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions."-- Ronald Reagan

"Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives." -- Ronald Reagan

dadszr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 10:39 PM   #10

Quote: Originally Posted by dadszr View Post
not to mention you have the sled, then you have services, accessories, parts and all that adds up fast and if treated decent you'll be back.
That's no lie. After adding up all I've spent on accessories and goodies, the price of the sled doesn't seem that bad.

Oh well, you have to pay to play and this thing is very fun, so I'm more than happy with my new toy.

Hoping for an even better winter next season.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   ArcticChat.com - Arctic Cat Forum » Snowmobiles » General Snowmobile Discussion

Search tags for this page
2014 snow check
arctic cat snow check

arctic cat snow check 2014

arctic cat snow check deadline
arctic cat snowmobiles 2014 snow check
arctic cat snowmobiles spring show
snow check
spring order arctic cat
when you snow check a snowmobile how does it take to pick it up
yamaha snowmobile spring snow check
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.