NavbitArcticChat.com - Arctic Cat Forum » Snowmobiles » General Snowmobile Discussion » 93 wildcat front suspension upgrade

General Snowmobile Discussion Anything snowmobile related. Arctic Cat or not.

Old 10-11-2012, 09:05 PM   #1

Sled: 93 Wildcat
ATV: 08 Brute Force
93 wildcat front suspension upgrade

hey guys, i have a 93 wildcat efi and i'm looking for any info on updating the front suspension. i'd like to convert to plastic skis but the spindles are too big to fit the saddles without modding, i may end up just trimming the spindles if i have to but if theres any upgrades that will improve the handling as well i'm up for it
Josh_J_Curtis is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 10-12-2012, 09:54 AM   #2
Administrator

ArcticChat.com Admin  
Administrator
Sled: 99 ZR7OO
ATV: (2) 2007 7OO efi's & 2009 7OO H1 SE
Cat made plastic ski's for that model. I had a set on my 93 Wildcat then switched them over to our 99 ZL 600. The skis came with 2 sets of spacers for older and newer models. The ski's were Arctic Cat universal skis, it had a purple set and sold them to anothe 'chat' member a few years back. They were very good ski's.
You may get lucky enough to find a set on ebay. yes they had a wider 'saddle' than the newer ZR style.

“How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?”

I want to share something with you: The three little sentences that will get you through life. Number 1: Cover for me. Number 2: Oh, good idea, Boss! Number 3: It was like that when I got here.

Up the creek without a saddle. Archie Bunker
tiggershark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 10:01 AM   #3
Administrator

ArcticChat.com Admin  
Administrator
Sled: 99 ZR7OO
ATV: (2) 2007 7OO efi's & 2009 7OO H1 SE
Im pretty sure these are the ski's--- look identical to the ones i used to own except the color. Can you see if aftermarkets ski's like C&A or SLP make a wider ski saddle for polaris or yamaha that woulD fit?
Arctic Cat Plastic Ski Set/Kit (Pair) & Carbide Runners-Z,ZL,ZR,Fire,Saber | eBay

“How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?”

I want to share something with you: The three little sentences that will get you through life. Number 1: Cover for me. Number 2: Oh, good idea, Boss! Number 3: It was like that when I got here.

Up the creek without a saddle. Archie Bunker
tiggershark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 09:09 PM   #4

Sled: 93 Wildcat
ATV: 08 Brute Force
ok so i found a set of plastic skis and saddles off a zr. anyone know what kind of modification has to be done to make the saddles fit the wider spindles? i know the bolt in my wildcat is a larger diameter than the zr and my question is can i use the spindle bushings out of a zr or other sled that has a smaller diameter center hole so i don't have to drill the bushing in the saddle out, and use the smaller bolt out of the zr?
Josh_J_Curtis is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   ArcticChat.com - Arctic Cat Forum » Snowmobiles » General Snowmobile Discussion

Search tags for this page
1993 arctic cat wildcat front suspension upgrade

1993 wildcat front suspension upgrade

arctic cat wildcat spindle mod

arctic cat wildcat suspension upgrade

how to set the suspension on a 93 arctic cat

plastic model front suspension
plastic snowmobile ski kits for arctic cat 1993
snowmobile front suspension mod
the spindle width on a artic cat wildcat 700 efi snowmobile
wildcat front suspension snowmobile
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.