NavbitArcticChat.com - Arctic Cat Forum » Snowmobiles » General Snowmobile Discussion » Closed face helmet that doesn't fog

General Snowmobile Discussion Anything snowmobile related. Arctic Cat or not.

Old 11-12-2007, 10:24 PM   #11

Sled: 2004 F5
Thanks everyone, I'll have to look into those. Not sure how that duct tape thing works though?
I have an 04 F5 and there isn't a spot to hook up a heated face shield, unless those can be added later.
It's the glasses that always fog not the shield anyway.
fisheye4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 11-12-2007, 10:35 PM   #12

Sled: 2003 ZR 900
I have always had problems with my glasses fogging so i got a TXI. My ZRT600 has a tall windshield and i have to have the visor cracked one too two notches, but on my ZR900 which has a short windshield it does fine closed. For some reason the more air the better the shield and glasses stay clear.
AKS1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 11:10 PM   #13

Sled: 04 F7 Std, 99 Zr700, 96 Cougar,93 ext
07-08 Mileage: 2000
06-07 Mileage: 500
ATV: 98 cr 250
2007 Mileage: ?
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (AKS1990 @ Nov 12 2007, 11:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
 Quote:
I have always had problems with my glasses fogging so i got a TXI. My ZRT600 has a tall windshield and i have to have the visor cracked one too two notches, but on my ZR900 which has a short windshield it does fine closed. For some reason the more air the better the shield and glasses stay clear.[/b]

If I remember right the TXI helmet was designed to have air forced through it.. hence the intake ports and exhaust ports... with a bigger windshield there there is less forced air then a shorter shield.......

and as far as keeping your glass's from fogging.. well that a hard one everybody's different.. if the breath heavy while riding fast or sweat these will affect your glass's fogging up.. personally I use a TXI helmet with an electric shield... I also made sure I got the bigger eye port piece(more foam) to seal off my glass area
Old 11-13-2007, 02:33 PM   #14

Sled: 2003 F7 Sno Pro
06-07 Mileage: 2000
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (fisheye4 @ Nov 12 2007, 11:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
 Quote:
Thanks everyone, I'll have to look into those. Not sure how that duct tape thing works though?
I have an 04 F5 and there isn't a spot to hook up a heated face shield, unless those can be added later.
It's the glasses that always fog not the shield anyway.[/b]
I have the same problem with glasses. I gave up and wear contacts when I ride. But as far as a heated shield you can just by the wire with the proper conecter on it for you arctic cat. Its like 14 bucks at the dealer, and it just plugs in.

Andy
fire3198 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 07:58 AM   #15

Sled: 2002 ZR 600 EFI CC
06-07 Mileage: 250
ATV: 1985 GMC Sierra Classic
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dvarmit @ Nov 12 2007, 05:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
 Quote:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ZRfanatic @ Nov 12 2007, 06:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
 Quote:
What I do, and this is kind of cheating, is wear my Arctic Cat TXi and use duct tape around the face piece.
-Joe[/b]
Joe,

Are you saying to run duct tape around the edges of the shield (face piece) in order to seal the edges?
[/b][/quote]

Apologies for not getting back to you sooner. What I do is seal the lower half of the foam insert that supposedly seals against your face. I have found it does a pretty good job in warmer weather but when it gets cold I just put some duct tape between the breath deflector and your face ( yes...I tape it to my face after the helmet is on ). Not the most stylish thing in the world but it gets the job done.

-Joe
Old 11-14-2007, 08:32 AM   #16

Sled: 2011 1200 gade 2009 600 e-tech gade
06-07 Mileage: 2250
ATV: can am 1000 commander 2011
BOY I 'm going to get flamed----- but I and my AC friends alike use the BRP modeler helmet and I wear glasses and have had little to no problems no electric
Old 11-14-2007, 09:08 AM   #17

Sled: 1999 ZR600
I also use the BRP modular helmet and I love it. No problems at all with my glasses fogging.
Old 11-14-2007, 10:10 AM   #18
Super Moderator

ArcticChat.com Moderator  
Super Moderator
Sled: 2013 F 800 SP
10-11 Mileage: 2850
09-10 Mileage: 3000
08-09 Mileage: 3500
07-08 Mileage: 2150
06-07 Mileage: 1500
I've used open face with goggles and a couple of different closed face helmets. I wear glasses also. The thing with the glasses I have found is that once they are cold they have to be kept cold. The TXI helmet works pretty good for that. Seal the face from your breath. The duct tape idea seems like a fix. I have not done that. I use a heated visor and put my glasses in a shirt pocket when we stop on the trail. When we eat, etc. I wait until I am ready to ride before putting my glasses back on(last thing I do before taking off). Then after we get going and the glasses are cold again, I make sure to keep them cold. When hitting the rough stuff and sweating I may have to crack the shield up a bit to keep enough air going across them but it's ease to do with the visor. Just tighten the screws to the point that they keep the shield where you want it and use your glove on the visor to close it when you get out of the twisties and back on the straight stuff. Using the visor keeps the shield clean and un scratched.

When I was using goggles I did the same basic principle, but it is harder to crack goggles open part way than it is using a shield. I found myself holding my head sideways on the trail to get enough air through them to cool the glasses.

Weird thing, glasses keep you moving. Each little stop can be a pain in the ass so I just keep riding once the glasses are cold.

I hate even talking about this stuff now, I want to ride even more. Please snow.
We stopped to eat and noticed other riders coming in with snow jammed in their helmets, jackets and gloves. They had snow everywhere. We looked out the door and couldn't see across the street. Six inches of snow fell while we ate a few burgers. That was the start of a great ride.
favoritos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 03:19 PM   #19

Sled: 2004 F5
When I see the nose piece / face cover in the helmet, how do your glasses fit on your nose with that thing? It looks like it sits up to high on your nose for you to be able to wear glasses or it pushes the glasses up.
I wish I could just use contacts and get it over with but I can't put anything in my eyes.

Joe - you duct tape your face? sounds pretty hard core!
fisheye4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 04:10 PM   #20

Sled: 06 Attak, 93 EXT 580Z
10-11 Mileage:
09-10 Mileage: 1200
08-09 Mileage: ~400
07-08 Mileage: 1200
06-07 Mileage: 600
ATV: Honda 200 3 wheeler
I use contacts with an electric shield.

Kevin

Lower Navigation
Go Back   ArcticChat.com - Arctic Cat Forum » Snowmobiles » General Snowmobile Discussion

Search tags for this page
2004 lazer sno force helmet parts
arctic cat helmet nose piece

arctic cat lazer helmet parts

foam nose piece for txi helmet

lazer sno force helmet parts
old yamaha sno force helmet
replacement snoforce breathe deflector
sno force helmet breath deflector

snowmobile helmet that doesn't fog

snowmobile helmets snoforce laser yamaha electric shield
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.