General Snowmobile Discussion Anything snowmobile related. Arctic Cat or not.

Old 09-26-2005, 07:51 PM   #1

Sled: 2005 F6 Sno PRo EFI
10-11 Mileage:
09-10 Mileage: 1000
08-09 Mileage: 1300
07-08 Mileage: 1000
06-07 Mileage: 800
I was wondering if anybody has information on snowmobile headsets. So i can talk to people i am riding with and or listen to music also. I was wondering what kinds of headsets are out there and the prices of them. Thanx in advance

-Keith
Old 09-26-2005, 08:34 PM   #2
Team ArcticChat
Team ArcticChat  
Team ArcticChat
Sled: ZRT-AGLT 1050
ATV: AG Edition MotoX V2
See if you can find the FoxFire throat mics. They work pretty decent, better than helmet mounted mics if you like to use VOX. I have one, but still prefer PTT.

The microphone fits snug against your neck, near the adam's apple. Seems to work pretty good.

Regular ear buds. You can use the FoxFire anywhere any time, doesn't permanently mount onto the helmet.

The beauty of the FoxFire is that they work with conventional radios. I use a GMRS in the front pocket, good for (claimed up to) 12 miles. Much better than FRS radio ranges.
Old 09-26-2005, 09:09 PM   #3

Sled: Crossfire 6, ZL 440
07-08 Mileage: 787.1 miles
06-07 Mileage: 2450
My Friends and I all use ChatterBox Helmet Comms...

Have been using them for about 5 years now, never had any problems with them...

They take a little bit of sitting up but once you get them setup your good to go, I still preffer the PTT function (as AG said) but when I doing more aggresive riding, ditch bangin, or playin in the powder, I have found the wire to be a pain, so I use the Vox during those times..

Probably the best feature, other than your buddy singin while he rides, LOL.. Is the Groomer warning beacons... If a club has a beacon for there groomer (and most do) you will be warned by a beep in your ear, when you are coming up on a groomer (about 1/2 to 1/4 mile away)... Great feature at night!!!

Lastly but not least, If you have a HJC Helmet, the speakers fit right into built in pockets inside the foam int he helmet, you never feel them there, if you don't they come with velcro that will attach them to the foam...

The newer ones have more channels but I have never really found a channel that has been to crowded (these aren't that popular yet) that we were bothered by it, just now allong with waving I find myself sayin Hey too!!

The setup me and my buddies all have is the 2 Channel FRS Version Chatterbox's (Full Face version) 2 mounted in HJC Helmets, 2 mounted in Ski-Doo modulars (kinda a pain to mount) and 1 mounted in a Cat Helmet...

In Canada the are about $199-$249 per unit

Hope this Helps
tvbrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 12:09 AM   #4

Sled: 05' F7 EFI SP
ATV: 2003 Jeep Wrangler
A bunch of friends and I use Collett model 900's. They work pretty nice, all I have ever tried is VOX. You have to be patient and get them set up right. If one of your buddies don't have the radio set up properly, they can be more of a pain than they are fun and helpful.
The reason we went with Collett's, is first off they were on clearance and I bought them all directly through Collett in Canada. I think we paid just over $100 a piece and we bought like 10 of them.
Also, if you buy 3(think 3 is correct) or more directly from Collett, they will set you up with a free private "club" channel. So we have 2 channels, a public band and our very own private channel that no one else has, this is pretty cool. The only problem there, is the groomer warning beacon is only available on the public channel.

Whatever you decide, have fun!

Jim

Member: Cherry Creek Sno-Goers
97_ZRT6 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   ArcticChat.com - Arctic Cat Forum » Snowmobiles » General Snowmobile Discussion

Search tags for this page
headsets for snowmobile helmets
snowmobile bluetooth headsets
snowmobile headset radio

snowmobile headsets

snowmobile helmet radio communication
snowmobile helmet radio sets
snowmobile helmet radios
snowmobile helmets with raido camuacation

snowmobile radio headsets

snowmobile radios
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.