General Snowmobile Discussion Anything snowmobile related. Arctic Cat or not.

Old 02-05-2005, 01:24 PM   #1

Sled: 1999 700 Powder Special LE
ATV: 2003 Polaris 500 HO
Exclamation

Some History: This sled was originally a prs sled from behind a buddies shop. No motor, no skid, no track and I even took the belly pans off to replace the ones on my 1999 600 EFI PS LE. Another buddy said he located a wrecked 2001 800 MTN Cat. He took the 800 engine gave me his rebuilt 700 engine and I took the seat, 144" skid and track from the 800 Mtn Cat along with other misc parts. I then sold the bent bulkhead hood and tunnel from the 800 Mtn Cat.

I have just recently tapered the tunnel on my 1999 700, removed the rear cooler and replaced it with a jumper hose.

I have a set of ported and polished jugs, bored carbs and twin jaws pipes. I plan on installing the engine mods in time for some spring riding in the mountians. I have only owned a sled for two years. Last one I had was a John Deere Liquifire 440.

I have only been out to the mountians a couple of times (plan to do alot more in the future) but I also enjoy riding around home on the flat with the family. What do you supose is the best clutch and gearing should be.

I don't mind running two setups if that would be better. I usually have enough notice before I go to the mountians to make any changes.

Any advise that you seasoned sledheads might have would be greatly apreciated.
Franken Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads

Lower Navigation
Go Back   ArcticChat.com - Arctic Cat Forum » Snowmobiles » General Snowmobile Discussion

Search tags for this page
1999 700

1999 arctic cat 700 powder special

1999 arctic cat powder special 700

1999 arctic cat powder special review

1999 powder special 700 review#gsc.tab

1999 powder special clutching

700 powder special gears

powder special le

powder special rear cooler
track tension on 1999 artic cat 700 powder special
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.