General Snowmobile Discussion Anything snowmobile related. Arctic Cat or not.

Old 11-14-2004, 11:13 AM   #1

Sled: 04' Pantera 600
Can anyone give me advice or a picture of how you wire the HJC heated face shield on your snowmobile. It has an RCA type plug which will wire to my battery but I am trying to figure out the best way to run it out from under my hood.....any suggestions or ideas on how this should or has been done.

Thanks,
DW

steinle is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 11-14-2004, 01:47 PM   #2

Sled: 07 F8 SnoPro
07-08 Mileage: 839
06-07 Mileage: 1200
well it would be nice to know what sled you have however, if it is a firecat there is an accessory plug behind your servo motor for you power valves. unbolt the motor and locate the plug. i use a hjc too and what i did was bought an accessory plug from my dealer (the two pin male that plugs into the female behind the servo) and spliced that onto the wiring that came from the shield. i mounted the rca female jack in a hole drilled where the choke would be on a carbed firecat.
Old 11-14-2004, 06:02 PM   #3

Sled: 04' Pantera 600
Sorry I didn't mention that I have 2 panteras - how did you mount the RCA jack? - I will wire it directly to the battery but am wondering how did you mount the jack in the dash? Did you drill and how did you keep the jack in place?

Thanks,
DW
steinle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2004, 06:36 PM   #4

Sled: 03 F7/98 ZL600/04 Z570/04 F7
ATV: Malibu Response LXi
Go to your local Cat dealer or order on -line from somebody the wiring harness for this job, it's only a few bucks and a lot less screwing around than wiring to the battery. One end is a double prong harness which plugs into the wiring of the sled, usually under the handlebar cover, the other end is the RCA female plug with a ribbed case. Drill a hole in the cover by the key or wherever and just jam the RCA plug into it and the ribbing will hold it in place.

If you don't want the wire hanging off your helmit and flailing around while you drive, some guys run it thru their jackets and out the sleeve, in that case just plug the harness in and let the RCA plug part come out the handlebar someplace. Just remember it is plaugged in before exiting the machine or you'll rip the cords out.
skislut is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   ArcticChat.com - Arctic Cat Forum » Snowmobiles » General Snowmobile Discussion

Search tags for this page
heated face shield snowmobile

heated face shield wiring

heated shield wiring arctic cat
hjc heated shield wiring
how to wire a snowmobile face shield
how to wire in a heated shield

snowmobile heated shield wiring

snowmobile heated shield wiring kit

what type of plug to use to wire a heated shield
wire kit for heated face shield
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.