No support front bumper??? - ArcticChat.com - Arctic Cat Forum

General ATV Discussion Discussion Forum for Arctic Cat ATVs

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 06-18-2017, 02:15 PM Thread Starter

No support front bumper???

I ran across a nice deal on an 07 400 Arctic Cat. Her son had let his girlfriend drive it and hit a tree. It bent the bumper up and pressed the rack upwards bending the front fender. She made him park it and it set for a couple years. I got it home and unbolted all the supports and rack and there was nearly no damage. This model has the front bumper where it is just below and even with the fender. I was amazed at how the front rack and bumper mounted together. It was by 2 separate mounts on each side and the support they have is a joke. I imagine the bumper would do the same thing if you were running over small trees where you had to make a new trail. I've parted out and rode several arctic cats and never seen one with the lack of support like this. Was this for certain years or models or what?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 06-18-2017, 06:47 PM

ATV: 2008700SD and 2002 400 FIS
Was it like this one? Mine had the bumper rim racked a bit when I bought it. I put a long crow bar inside the bumper, had somebody hold the bike, I was able to pull it straight. It's ruggeder than it looks. Plastic plugs go back in when you are done. This was when I got it, you can see the difference before I straightened it It's definitely not as stout as the bumper on my Diesel.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010033.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	1.61 MB
ID:	305329  

2008 AC 700 Diesel and 2002 AC 400FIS

Last edited by Wallamatogus; 06-18-2017 at 06:52 PM.
post #3 of 4 Old 06-20-2017, 09:58 PM
Sponsors

Sponsors
Garage
Sled: Black Plastic w/ Cat Green Runners
ATV: 2003 AC 400 Auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallamatogus View Post
Was it like this one? Mine had the bumper rim racked a bit when I bought it. I put a long crow bar inside the bumper, had somebody hold the bike, I was able to pull it straight. It's ruggeder than it looks. Plastic plugs go back in when you are done. This was when I got it, you can see the difference before I straightened it It's definitely not as stout as the bumper on my Diesel.
The 2007 bumper is nothing like the one on you old 500

Please use the link below to view my products, pricing and how to order them.
http://www.arcticchat.com/forum/rtr-custom-fabrication/

http://rtrcustomfab.webs.com/

"ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ"

Last edited by ricktherocket; 06-20-2017 at 10:01 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 06-20-2017, 10:05 PM
Sponsors

Sponsors
Garage
Sled: Black Plastic w/ Cat Green Runners
ATV: 2003 AC 400 Auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leed1315 View Post
I ran across a nice deal on an 07 400 Arctic Cat. Her son had let his girlfriend drive it and hit a tree. It bent the bumper up and pressed the rack upwards bending the front fender. She made him park it and it set for a couple years. I got it home and unbolted all the supports and rack and there was nearly no damage. This model has the front bumper where it is just below and even with the fender. I was amazed at how the front rack and bumper mounted together. It was by 2 separate mounts on each side and the support they have is a joke. I imagine the bumper would do the same thing if you were running over small trees where you had to make a new trail. I've parted out and rode several arctic cats and never seen one with the lack of support like this. Was this for certain years or models or what?
The base OE bumpers are just like what you're seeing on the 07 400, AC offered brush guards for the front that added allot more protection.

Please use the link below to view my products, pricing and how to order them.
http://www.arcticchat.com/forum/rtr-custom-fabrication/

http://rtrcustomfab.webs.com/

"ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ"

Lower Navigation
Go Back   ArcticChat.com - Arctic Cat Forum > ATV's > General ATV Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ArcticChat.com - Arctic Cat Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode