Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

dead battery

5K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  zrock 
#1 ·
I have a new 2015 xr 550 xt eps with 62 miles. No problems until yesterday the battery when dead after riding for an hr. Has anyone had this problem?

#3 ·
You should charge it, then have it tested with a load tester. Some ATV batteries are good, some are not. I bought a new Arctic Cat battery from my dealer for $44 for my AC 400 when the original gave up the ghost. So far so good. It was made in Taiwan, probably by Kymco.

#7 ·
Few things that pop to mind first.. Its a 2015 so its now 2 years old so did no buy it new in 2015 or just get it? the battery could be toast since its now over 2 years old. Were you doing any winching? I find the charging systems to small and if i do any winching i have to come home and top up the battery with the tender.
We have 2 2014 cats the one the stock battery just failed, on the other my machine iv replaced 2x. But im hard on battery's as im th e first one through the trail and alot of the times iv got to do some long pull winching

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.