General ATV Discussion Discussion Forum for Arctic Cat ATVs

Old 06-15-2012, 01:40 PM   #11

ATV: ThunderLemon 1000
2008 Mileage: Depends upon Fa
 Quote: Originally Posted by cmason164 View Post
I have the same problem in my 300 4x4. I replaced the voltage regulator/rectifier, and that did not fix the issue. Any help would be appreciated.
Get a copy of the service manual and go through the procedure to test the stator coils. Also look for burned wiring or poor connections between the battery and the voltage regulator output and the Voltage regulator input and the stator.

If you have charging problems, Basically there are just 4 things to check, wiring between the battery and the voltage regulator, the Voltage regulator, wiring between the regulator and the stator and the stator it's self. Also a 5th problem area, that is a BAD battery, quite often batteries shout out internally or fail to take and hold a charge. Poor ground connections can also cause problems.

A wiring diagram and a Volt/Ohm meter is helpful when trouble shooting. Diagrams can be downloaded for most cats from the mower parts link for service manuals that has been posted 1000's of times on this forum and link also found in my signature. Even if a wiring diagram is not available for your particular year or model getting one that is closest in year and model might be helpful and close enough.

Troubleshooting First Steps, An amazing number of problems are cured with just these two items.

1. Make sure your battery is FULLY Charged.
2. Try a new spark plug.

Search threads, Check Pinned Section. Pinned Topics Manual or wiring diagram? Manuals
http://countrycat.com/ccstore/index...._Diagrams.html

Improving Search.

Better results when searching for specific information. To find threads where ALL the words, instead of ANY of the words "650H1, Carb, Jetting, Needle Jet, Snorkel" were found...Open up a search window in www.google.com In the find box type without the quotes "650H1 Carb Jetting Needle Jet Snorkel site:Arcticchat.com" & Press return. Find threads, replies or topics by a specific member; just by inserting their user name into the search list; Chances are, your problem is NOT unique and it has been solved many times before.

Are you in a hurry to get an answer?
Use the Google Search Tip

Last edited by Wyo_H1_Cat; 06-15-2012 at 01:49 PM.
Wyo_H1_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads

Lower Navigation
Go Back   ArcticChat.com - Arctic Cat Forum » ATV's » General ATV Discussion

Search tags for this page
4 weeler wont start or run without battery starter
4-wheeler won't run with a dead battery?
arctic cat atv will run without battery
my articat 500 wont run without lights on and now started draining battery

quad wont run without jumper cables

should an atv run after the battery is removed
why does my four wheeler only run with jumper cables attached
will a 4 wheeler run with dead battery
will a 79 dt 125f run without a battery
zx6r dies when unplug jumper cables
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.