NavbitArcticChat.com - Arctic Cat Forum » ATV's » General ATV Discussion » 700H1 won't idle won't clear code

General ATV Discussion Discussion Forum for Arctic Cat ATVs

Old 05-01-2012, 09:03 PM   #1

ATV: 09 700
2010 Mileage: 1000
700H1 won't idle won't clear code

09 700 H1, had to replace the Idle speed control connector at the sensor. Cleared the Active code, Still wont idle, checked for any broken wires can't find any. Runs ok except won't idle. TPS is adjusted right according to the read out. Can the idle be adjusted on an EFI machine?

Also when cranking it, for some reason it backfired up thru the air filter and then a few minutes later started throwing AC 13 which is the Air Pressure code. This code i can not get to clear, it stays in when i do the reset procedure. Air filter is clean, connection looks good
What do you think?
ktooley is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 05-02-2012, 09:52 AM   #2

ATV: ThunderLemon 1000
2008 Mileage: Depends upon Fa
 Quote: Originally Posted by ktooley View Post
09 700 H1, had to replace the Idle speed control connector at the sensor. Cleared the Active code, Still wont idle, checked for any broken wires can't find any. Runs ok except won't idle. TPS is adjusted right according to the read out. Can the idle be adjusted on an EFI machine?

Also when cranking it, for some reason it backfired up thru the air filter and then a few minutes later started throwing AC 13 which is the Air Pressure code. This code i can not get to clear, it stays in when i do the reset procedure. Air filter is clean, connection looks good
What do you think?
Code 13 is for the MAP sensor Manifold Absolute or atmospheric Pressure. From what I've read here in the past. Most who have had this code have found either a leaking O-ring under the sensor body where it attaches to the throttle body or a broken wire in or near the sensor connector. The wire may be broken inside the insulation making it harder to find.

To set the idle the only thing you do is...make sure battery is fully charged. Have key off, Insert diagnostic jumper, Hold throttle wide open, Turn key on for 15 seconds(do not start) Turn key off and remove jumper. This sets throttle range

Troubleshooting First Steps, An amazing number of problems are cured with just these two items.

1. Make sure your battery is FULLY Charged.
2. Try a new spark plug.

Search threads, Check Pinned Section. Pinned Topics Manual or wiring diagram? Manuals
http://countrycat.com/ccstore/index...._Diagrams.html

Improving Search.

Better results when searching for specific information. To find threads where ALL the words, instead of ANY of the words "650H1, Carb, Jetting, Needle Jet, Snorkel" were found...Open up a search window in www.google.com In the find box type without the quotes "650H1 Carb Jetting Needle Jet Snorkel site:Arcticchat.com" & Press return. Find threads, replies or topics by a specific member; just by inserting their user name into the search list; Chances are, your problem is NOT unique and it has been solved many times before.

Are you in a hurry to get an answer?
Use the Google Search Tip

Last edited by Wyo_H1_Cat; 05-02-2012 at 09:56 AM.
Wyo_H1_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 10:09 AM   #3

could it be that the o-ring under the Idle Speed Control is leaking? When i took that sensor out the o-ring fell apart and i only had to guess at the size of it, i got it close but the sensor seemed like it didnt quite go in all the way on one side. I never had it off but I'll check the MAP sensor also. Thanks
Old 05-02-2012, 10:24 AM   #4

ATV: ThunderLemon 1000
2008 Mileage: Depends upon Fa
 Quote: Originally Posted by ktooley View Post
could it be that the o-ring under the Idle Speed Control is leaking? When i took that sensor out the o-ring fell apart and i only had to guess at the size of it, i got it close but the sensor seemed like it didnt quite go in all the way on one side. I never had it off but I'll check the MAP sensor also. Thanks
The Idle speed controller is just an Air valve that opens and closes to let air into the engine and maintain correct idle. At idle the main throttle butterfly is fully closed and all air entering the engine passes through the idle speed control port. if it is leaking in additional air past a bad O-ring yes I'm thinking that could result in a high idle.

Troubleshooting First Steps, An amazing number of problems are cured with just these two items.

1. Make sure your battery is FULLY Charged.
2. Try a new spark plug.

Search threads, Check Pinned Section. Pinned Topics Manual or wiring diagram? Manuals
http://countrycat.com/ccstore/index...._Diagrams.html

Improving Search.

Better results when searching for specific information. To find threads where ALL the words, instead of ANY of the words "650H1, Carb, Jetting, Needle Jet, Snorkel" were found...Open up a search window in www.google.com In the find box type without the quotes "650H1 Carb Jetting Needle Jet Snorkel site:Arcticchat.com" & Press return. Find threads, replies or topics by a specific member; just by inserting their user name into the search list; Chances are, your problem is NOT unique and it has been solved many times before.

Are you in a hurry to get an answer?
Use the Google Search Tip
Wyo_H1_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 10:26 AM   #5

I don't have high idle.....i have no idle.
Old 05-02-2012, 11:36 AM   #6

Got it.....took the Idle control valve back out greased the o-ring got it to seat better. Took off the MAP sensor connection checked it for broken wires, put it back on. Reset the throttle, reset the codes. Idles great now.
Thanks for your help i never would have checked the MAP sensor unless you suggested it!
Thanks again!!
Old 12-07-2012, 06:52 AM   #7

ktooley,
I am looking to get a new 4 pin connector that goes to the throttle body. Is that the same connector you replaced? If so where did you get it?
I had 3 broken wires to it, replaced the pins in the connector. The plug just doesnt fit right and I would like to splice in a new plug without getting a whole new harness. Your help would be greatly appreciated. thanks!
wjglampe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 07:38 AM   #8
Team ArcticChat

Team ArcticChat  
Team ArcticChat
ATV: '09 700 Cruiser, '09 400 TRV
2009 Mileage: 500
Also Check your fuel pressure. My 09 550 would not idle but would run fine otherwise. I checked my fuel pressure and found it to be 10 psi low. When I pulled the fuel pump I found that the rubber tube that connects the pump was loose causing the fuel pressure to be low.
ZR600MN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 04:25 AM   #9

I sent you a message, but you should be able to see your dealer, mine told me that AC made it possible to order just the connectors with a pigtail on them and then all you have to do is splice them in. Check with your dealer you should be able to get just the connector. Good luck!

ps...on mine it seemed that if i didnt have the sensor all the way in then it still wouldnt run...so make sure you have it seated good...it is a bi#$h to get in place sometimes.

Last edited by ktooley; 12-08-2012 at 04:27 AM. Reason: ps

Lower Navigation
Go Back   ArcticChat.com - Arctic Cat Forum » ATV's » General ATV Discussion

Search tags for this page
2008 polaris ranger 700 rough idle

arctic cat 700 throttle valve 4 pin connector

arctic cat how to check idle speed control valve

arctic cat idle speed control valve

how to clear codes 09 550 h1

how to clear codes on a arctic cat 700 h1

polairs ranger xp wont idle

polaris ranger 700 wont idle

polaris ranger code 46

polaris ranger xp 700 air intake sensor
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.