General ATV Discussion Discussion Forum for Arctic Cat ATVs

Old 02-04-2013, 05:33 AM   #51

ATV: XC450
 Quote: Originally Posted by Nl450xc View Post
Hi I just ordered a 450xc if u have any pics of your winch install I would love to see what it turned out like
Here is a couple of pictures I found on my phone.
I got the winch preinstalled from my retailer. The winch is attached to the same bolts that the front bumper is using, that's why I can't use the bumper and winch at the same time. I have plans to get the front bumper modified since I don't like how exposed the winch is at the moment.

Let me know if you want me to take better pictures of the winch attachment.
Attached Thumbnails
Xc 450 i-20121012_140937.jpg   Xc 450 i-20121012_141011.jpg  
pocken is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 02-04-2013, 06:00 AM   #52

ATV: Arctic XC450I
Xc450i

Yeah I agree it is pretty exposed. I am sure with a little fab work the bumper can go back on. What brand winch and how many pounds? Your mirrors are the aftermarket? If so what brand?
Landryts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 10:55 AM   #53

Quote: Originally Posted by Landryts View Post
Yeah I agree it is pretty exposed. I am sure with a little fab work the bumper can go back on. What brand winch and how many pounds? Your mirrors are the aftermarket? If so what brand?
I have no clue of the winch brand, I have looked for a sign or a tag but it is completely anonymous.
My retailer said it was a 1000 kg (~2200 lbs) winch but I have not been able to confirm this.

The mirrors are marked with Kymco on the glass, my guess is that it is the same that comes with the Maxxer 450.

By the way, thank you Landryts for information about the rear rack. You said that the Maxxer rack would fit so I ordered a rack from Germany (I live in Sweden) and the fit was perfect!

How did it go with your plans to mount a plow on your XC450?
Old 02-05-2013, 05:48 AM   #54

XC450 I plow

Thanks for the info on mirrors. kymco sells a winck kit for the maxxer so im guessing that is what you have on yours. if you want part numbers for repairs if you ever need to let me know. Simple bought a used 48" cylce country with mid mount push tube, their universal mount with manual lift. Took all of 30 minutes to install. The maxxer rack is awesome. Purchased a bag that fits and looks great on it. I also sent the secondary and primary out to papa slap to have work done on them and install EPI performance wet clutch springs. This upgrade is being done as we speak so have not got them back yet. It is suppose to be an amazing performance upgrade for the money. Should have it all back and installed by next week.

Last edited by Landryts; 02-05-2013 at 05:51 AM.
Old 02-05-2013, 07:58 AM   #55

Thanks for the info.

What kind of bag did you mount on your rack? I'm thinking of getting this: ATV-PRO 8015 - Ny hård väska som ersätter storsäljaren 8010. - Atvhuset AB (the site is in Swedish, I couldn't find an english site). But I'm afraid it will be a bit big on the XC450...

May I ask what you paid in total for your clutch work and springs?

What kind of tires do you use? I'm thinking of getting something other than stock (maybe Bighorn 26"?). But changing tires will void my warranty...

I look forward to reading about your first impressions after the modifications!
Old 02-05-2013, 06:29 PM   #56

Xc450 tires

The bag is actually a front mount bag, but because of the small size of rack it looks great as a back one. Quad Boss XT Front Rack Bag.
I am also looking at the big horn 2 but in 25" I think. I really do not want to lose top end. However, with clutch kit I was told I could easily go to 26" without sacrificing any top end. When I get kit on I will make my final pick.
As for pricing. machined primary and cam plate mod $225.00+shipping
EPI wet clutch springs were $50.00+shipping
I am having him install springs and clock secondary that was $40.00
This is the write up he has on his site about the phase II kit.
Phase 2

PSC Phase 2 is the must add for the enthusiest looking for the next level in performance. This phase integrates the machined primary and cam plate mod into a drop in package for stump pulling cheek splitting performance. The mods incoporated in phase 2 allow the machine to utilize 100 percent of the sheave face in stock form. This mod allows the most CVT reduction allowed by the transmission without compromising the longevity/properties of the belt. the primary is also lightened at this point to decrease rotational weight and free up horsepower. Gains are signigicant and will allow the machine to "crawl" under normal load. By modifying the cam plate you can increase the ramp of the plate allowing for a harder mid range acceleration increased back shifting while gaining top speeds of an additional 8-10 mph. Better CVT response is also experienced from this mod. This is recommended for the rider that is looking for more from their machines CVT but dont have the addons to experience loss from their machine or the gear head that likes to tune his own machines tranny.
Hope this helps!
Old 02-06-2013, 07:37 AM   #57

Thanks for the info!
I hope you will be happy with the upgrade.
I don't think I will be able to make the same upgrade... There is no company in Sweden that do the kind of work that Papa Slap does...
Old 02-06-2013, 04:06 PM   #58

Thanks

Quote: Originally Posted by pocken View Post
Here is a couple of pictures I found on my phone.
I got the winch preinstalled from my retailer. The winch is attached to the same bolts that the front bumper is using, that's why I can't use the bumper and winch at the same time. I have plans to get the front bumper modified since I don't like how exposed the winch is at the moment.

Let me know if you want me to take better pictures of the winch attachment.
Thanks for the pics I have a 2500 super winch to install hopefully it goes in easy. Do you think the bumper will go on if you use longer bolts where the winch is mounted. If you could take some close ups of where the winch bolts up that would be great thanks. Do you like the bike have you had any issues with it.
Thanks again for your help
Nl450xc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 03:45 AM   #59

Quote: Originally Posted by Nl450xc View Post
Thanks for the pics I have a 2500 super winch to install hopefully it goes in easy. Do you think the bumper will go on if you use longer bolts where the winch is mounted. If you could take some close ups of where the winch bolts up that would be great thanks. Do you like the bike have you had any issues with it.
Thanks again for your help
You're welcome!

Unfortunately I can't fit my bumper without cutting the steel legs and widen them.
If I remember to, I will take some pictures of it this weekend.

I really like the bike, I like the performance and have never really felt that I'm lacking any. I also like that it is pretty small, so I can zigzag around the trees but two people can still sit pretty comfortably on it (my girlfriend enjoys riding with me).

I've never had any problems with mine and I've ridden it for a little over 600 miles.
I've had two minor incidents where it wouldn't start. That was when I just turned off the engine and tried to start it again within a minute. After letting it rest for a little while it came to life like nothing had happened.
Anyone else experienced the same thing? (Since it's only happened two times in 100+ starts it's hard to call this a problem).
Old 02-07-2013, 09:36 AM   #60

Quote: Originally Posted by arcticXC View Post
Hey all,

I just bought a XC 450I about a week ago, and I was wondering if anyone else out there has one. I can't seem to find any posts of XC I owners.

I am looking to get a winch and a small rear rack for it, but I don't know where to look. If anyone has any ideas or suggestions for me it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Hi I have one on order should be here in a week or so but I ordered mine with a rack to be installed at the dealer are u looking for one smaller than the one from arctic cat
Nl450xc is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   ArcticChat.com - Arctic Cat Forum » ATV's » General ATV Discussion

Search tags for this page
2012 arctic cat xc 450i
aftermarket modifications for arctic cat 450 xc

arctic cat 450 xc

arctic cat 450 xc reviews
arctic cat 450 xc winch

arctic cat xc 450

arctic cat xc 450 review

arctic cat xc 450 reviews

can an artic cat 450xc be made to go faster
xc 450
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.