Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

400 4x4 idles but bogs out when throttle pressed

72K views 14 replies 5 participants last post by  doorfx 
#1 ·
i just cleaned my carb after it sat for a couple years, replaced the spark plug , put new gas in it and oil. as soon as i give it any throttle it bogs out. when air box cover is removed it runs better... any ideas what my problem is?

#2 ·
Did you use high pressure air or carb cleaner and blow the jets clean? Also did you make sure that you got your needle set right? Also you will want to blow all the transitions circuits clean as well. Those are all the little holes in the body of carb infront and behind the butterfly.

Reactions: shaunb
#6 ·
I would check to see that your diaphram is seated properly ,with no holes or tears.Did you put the needle,seat and spring back in the right order?Harley Keihin CV Carburetor images

#8 ·
yes...

#9 ·
I would make sure you did not install the start jet in the main jet location. The start jet and the main jet look identical and could easily be swapped. the main jet is the one with the larger number and the larger hole in the center. It is installed directly below the needle where as the start jet is offset a little towards the side.

#11 ·
lol NO ,if you have to replace it get a dynojet kit.It comes with new jets and a needle and is much better for performance than stock.

#13 ·
I have never heard of one bending? Did you drop it or....?

#14 ·
couldnt find a dynojet set in the city here but replaced the needle and it works fine now thank you. and i think it bent when i put it back in the firt time it missed the hole in the bottom of the carb and bent a bit.. but ya its running and im off 4 my long weekend adventure! thanks for all the help

#15 ·
couldnt find a dynojet set in the city here but replaced the needle and it works fine now thank you. and i think it bent when i put it back in the firt time it missed the hole in the bottom of the carb and bent a bit.. but ya its running and im off 4 my long weekend adventure! thanks for all the help
Glad you got it going ....Have fun.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.