NavbitArcticChat.com - Arctic Cat Forum » ATV's » General ATV Discussion » Arctic Cat 550 compared to Sportsman?

General ATV Discussion Discussion Forum for Arctic Cat ATVs

Old 03-29-2011, 09:55 AM   #1

Arctic Cat 550 compared to Sportsman?

Hi guys-Im new here and had a question. I am looking at the Arctic Cat 550 ATV and the Polaris Sportsman 550. Which is better and why? Also, does the AC have power steering? Thanks
OffRoad Fantic is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 03-29-2011, 10:01 AM   #2
Team ArcticChat

Team ArcticChat  
Team ArcticChat
ATV: 2008 700h1 SE, 2012 700H1 LTD
2010 Mileage: 850
2009 Mileage: 213
2008 Mileage: 45
 Quote: Originally Posted by OffRoad Fantic View Post
Hi guys-Im new here and had a question. I am looking at the Arctic Cat 550 ATV and the Polaris Sportsman 550. Which is better and why? Also, does the AC have power steering? Thanks
That's really a question only you can answer by riding them. They both are good machines for what they'll be used for. Yes the 550 has power steering on the S and LTD models for 1-ups. Alot of people like the polaris for pure trail but off-road and work the cat is king. You can mod either to your preference its really just what you will mostly use it for
Crash06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 10:18 AM   #3
Team ArcticChat

Team ArcticChat  
Team ArcticChat
Sled: Soon To Be 06 F7,Orange,Cant Wait
ATV: 2006 ARCTIC CAT 500
2007 Mileage: 00
if you google search "06 500 arctic cat specs" thats just what i ride so i type that,it brings up atv.com specs and reviews. you can compare every single brand of absolutely everything atv related of all years,side by side.youll get a picture and specs. it is really interesting. there are reviews from buyers as well. i love going on there. im sure you already know the specs but it may help you out a little. 1 may be better than the other for somthing and vice versa. 1 thing is true though. if your on the fence wheather to buy a higher CC model,save a couple weeks longer and go bigger. i was going to get a 350. im glad i got the 500,and would of bought a 650 but i just couldnt wait. and i am more than happy with the 500

also a small thing would be this site,there is a hell of alot of knowlegeable people that will help you with anything that has to do with your CAT. im sure there are for polaris too but i havnt looked.

Probably both would be just fine as would any NEW name brand ATV. I personally prefer the CATS. One thing I heard though is if you dont want your ARCTIC CAT to get stolen, throw a POLARIS cover on it . lol JK i love that one.
ARCTICCAT781 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 10:29 AM   #4

Quote: Originally Posted by ARCTICCAT781 View Post
One thing I heard though is if you dont want your ARCTIC CAT to get stolen, throw a POLARIS cover on it . lol JK i love that one.

Lol good one. I have heard that Polaris has the ' Cadillac of suspension'. How does AC comapre to that?
Old 03-29-2011, 10:50 AM   #5
Team ArcticChat

Team ArcticChat  
Team ArcticChat
Sled: Soon To Be 06 F7,Orange,Cant Wait
ATV: 2006 ARCTIC CAT 500
2007 Mileage: 00
i have watched many videos from atvtv or somthing. and they all said that was absolutely true,suspension was luxurious. and i have read that elsewhere as well. my atv has adj shock. when i was in NH i was going like 25 in some spots and there were little holes. it felt fine to me. i am very happy with my CAT,and most on here are happy too. ask a polaris person and they too are happy with theirs. i like the overall jeep like front end and large size of the cats. youll be happy either way.
ARCTICCAT781 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 11:16 AM   #6

Quote: Originally Posted by OffRoad Fantic View Post
Lol good one. I have heard that Polaris has the ' Cadillac of suspension'. How does AC comapre to that?
ac compairs cause when there caddillac of suspensions comes to a mud hole they need ac to tow it through
Old 03-29-2011, 11:31 AM   #7

Quote: Originally Posted by acidburn View Post
ac compairs cause when there caddillac of suspensions comes to a mud hole they need ac to tow it through
Why is that?
Old 03-29-2011, 11:42 AM   #8

popo's have the worst ground clearance are hard on belts so they break alot, or get water inside and slip.. need i say more?
Old 03-29-2011, 11:51 AM   #9

I have heard that popo's belts are not protected and slip around alot. Is the AC good for what I nee it for (Dirt, mud, water, etc.) Apperantly the popo would not do good in water because of the belts.
Old 03-29-2011, 12:26 PM   #10

arctic cat, suzuki, kawi id recomend for mud,dirt

Lower Navigation
Go Back   ArcticChat.com - Arctic Cat Forum » ATV's » General ATV Discussion

Search tags for this page
arctic cat 550 atv reviews
arctic cat 550 horsepower
arctic cat 550 review
arctic cat 550 reviews
arctic cat 550 vs polaris 550
arctic cat atv vs polaris
arctic cat vs polaris

arctic cat vs polaris atv

polaris sportsman vs arctic cat

polaris vs arctic cat atv

Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.