NavbitArcticChat.com - Arctic Cat Forum » ATV's » General ATV Discussion » FUEL SENDER(s) & STAR TRON additive

General ATV Discussion Discussion Forum for Arctic Cat ATVs

Old 03-10-2011, 10:55 AM   #51

Hi guys, Bill at Star brite here. We are the manufacturer of Star Tron. I was just made aware of this thread and now that I've seen it, I will be answering some of the questions raised here.

The short answers are that it is not comparable to StaBil except for the fact they are both fuel treatments. We are the only manufacturer to use enzymes as the active ingredients.

There are different versions of Star Tron for different market segments (marine versus powersports and OPE, for instance).

I'll come back with more detailed info. You can also feel free to ask me any other questions you may have. You can also call our tech line at (800) 327-8583
billatstarbrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 03-10-2011, 11:23 AM   #52
Administrator

ArcticChat.com Admin  
Administrator
Thanked 1,356 Times in 1,253 Posts
ATV: 07 500 auto 13 700 XT trv
2010 Mileage: 800
2007 Mileage: 800
2006 Mileage: 800
 Quote: Originally Posted by billatstarbrite View Post
Hi guys, Bill at Star brite here. We are the manufacturer of Star Tron. I was just made aware of this thread and now that I've seen it, I will be answering some of the questions raised here.

The short answers are that it is not comparable to StaBil except for the fact they are both fuel treatments. We are the only manufacturer to use enzymes as the active ingredients.

There are different versions of Star Tron for different market segments (marine versus powersports and OPE, for instance).

I'll come back with more detailed info. You can also feel free to ask me any other questions you may have. You can also call our tech line at (800) 327-8583
Welcome ,
I spoke with one of your service reps regarding availability in Canada. I was advised Canadian Tire,however I had to go to three different C/T's before I got your product. It was in the back room and not on the shelf. Is there any other outlets for your product in Canada,specifically Calgary , Alberta as Canadian tire was not very interested in promoting your product.
Dynojet/142m/45p/3rd/3turns--Clipped and drilled--Unifilter--Easy adjust PMS--L.C.V. mod--AC Swaybar--Exhaust mod--2"Snorkels--Sanny shock bushings-- Airdam stage 1--PSC phase 2--21/ 23gr rollers--Dalton yellow spring--.7mm shim--Sanny Steerlites--RTR Flex Bracket--2 up seat / pegs--Tach--AC handguards--28" Outlaw mst's--Skull tailight--Skull shifter--Self Resetting Breakers--1" Wheel spacers--Customcncparts Steering Damper--AC deluxe handwarmers--6000k HID'S hi/lo--AC Deluxe Bumpers--Inline Fuel Filter-- O2 sensor \AFR guage--Black Magic Full Stainless Exhaust System--Wireless Winch Remote--29.5 Outlaws--Fox Podium X Rear Shocks--
2013 700 XT trv eps stock

It's mind over matter,If you don't mind,
It just doesn't matter

No Boost No Bottle
just balls and throttle
doorfx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 01:42 PM   #53

You can find the nearest retailer of Star Tron by logging onto www.startron.com and using the Store Finder search function. Enter your zip or postal code and it will provide a list of the retailers in you area, complete with phone number, address and a map link. You will see that some are boating stores while others are powersports retailers and others are outdoor power equipment stores, with a mix of "big box" stores as well as smaller stores, too. Some put it back in the boating or sporting goods departments, while others have it with the normal mix of automotive products.

Last edited by billatstarbrite; 03-10-2011 at 01:44 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to billatstarbrite For This Useful Post:
doorfx Administrator (03-10-2011)
Old 03-10-2011, 03:45 PM   #54

Now I'll address the bigger questions:
"If you look up the MSDS sheets for Star Tron vs Sta Bil for example
one use a white spirit and the other use a oil base (transformer oil) which is better? I really can't say. I can't say most are similar in nature for all gas treatments. And no I'm not a chemical engineer "

First of all, when you look at a MSDS, which you really should do before you pour any new additive into your fuel tank, keep in mind that you are reviewing a document intended to assist health care responders in the case of a spill or other accident. It is a Material Safety Data Sheet. It is not a recipe or the formula.

The formula for Star Tron is simple: 95% is the fuel "carrier" and 5% is a proprietary blend of active ingredient enzymes. We use the fuel carrier (suspension) as a way to get the enzymes into your fuel. I'm not entirely sure what a white spirit is, but Naptha is a generic term that covers a wide range of products. We use a blend of very highly refined petroleum distillates as the fuel carrier; Star Tron literally "is" a fuel. However, it is the enzymes that do the work - if you were to simply add the fuel base, you would not see the results from the enzymes.

We also manufacture a "traditional" fuel stabilizer; while we feel it does a great job at keeping 100% gasoline fresh, we do not believe that it represents the best way to treat the effects caused by adding ethanol (alcohol) to gas. The first is the loss of power - ethanol does not produce as much power/energy as gasoline does. Engines are harder to start and won't run as fast or as far. Star Tron is unique in that it will improve the combustibility of fuel, restoring a lot of the power lost by using ethanol. Alcohol attracts and bonds with moisture; Star Tron' s enzymes disperse the moisture thoroughout the fuel so that it can be removed via vaporizing it along with the fuel charge.

You cannot simply make water "disappear," nor can you make it burn. You can, however, break the water grouplets apart so that they can be vaporized safely as the engine operates. Additives that claim to remove water very often actually emulsify it by means of alcohol. Emulsifiers take the large water grouplets and clump them to make them bigger. You may not see them, but they are there and will lead to more carbon deposits simply because they won't combust very well. They can also throw the fuelout of the engine manufacturer's acceptable specifications. Fuel is supposed to be "clear & bright" so that you could read a newspaper through the beaker of fuel. If the fuel is cloudy after adding a fuel treatment, it has been thickened, which in turn can lead to engine issues. If an additive company shows you the "beaker test," pay attention to the fluid level in the beaker - if it stays the exact same after the magic potion is added, the water is still in there. If it were truly removed, the fluid level would go down (it won't because this is impossible to make happen).

The DOD classifies emulsifiers as "contaminants" to fuel. The Dept of Defense is concerned that its planes don't fall out of the sky if the engines choke on a big glob of emulsified water. The fact that many use alcohol is another reason to avoid them; you don't want to turn E10 into E40.

Ethanol and gasoline do not form a chemical bond. They form a lose colloidal suspension, somewhat similar to what you get with oil & vinegar salad dressing. This is why the refiners add the ethanol only as the truck is being loaded to go to the gas station. Ethanol won't "stick" to gas. As the two begin to break apart, the light ends begin to evaoportae adn solids in the form of gums form. It is these gums that clog injectors and carbs, often in as little as a few weeks. Your mechanic will clean the engines' injectors or carbs, but after you take the machine home and let it sit for few wekes, the gums are back. You blame the tech when the engine is tough to start or runs rough, but it was the fuel, not the engine that caused the problem.
Star Tron's enzymes will hold the ethanol and gasoline together, keepoing the fuel fresh for up to 2 years. Yes, we have lab tests to back that - and our other claims. More importantly, we have stacks of testimonial letters from the tens of thousands of people who have been winterizing boats, bikes, sleds, lawn mowers, RVs and more with Star Tron for the past 7 years. This is not a new product, it's just new to this market.

I've probably bored you silly, but that's the overview of Star Tron.
The Following User Says Thank You to billatstarbrite For This Useful Post:
rjrtools Team ArcticChat (05-29-2011)
Old 03-10-2011, 03:50 PM   #55

One more thing: there are two versions of Star Tron: the original Marine Formula and the new Small Engine Formula. This is why you will see the bottles that look similar, but have different treat rates. The Marine formula was designed for boats where "small" fuel tanks hold 150 gallons. You use 1 oz to every 16 gallons of fuel being treated. The SEF formula was designed for power sports and outdoor power equipment applications in which the amount of fuel being treated is typically smaller. For the SEF, you use 1 oz of Star Tron to 6 gallons of gas. The Marine formula is obviously more concentrated than SEF.

It is unusual to see these two formulas in the same store. We formulated them or two very different markets.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to billatstarbrite For This Useful Post:
chris111179 Super Moderator (08-19-2011), CozmoCat Team ArcticChat (03-12-2011), cupsz71 Super Moderator (03-10-2011), doorfx Administrator (03-10-2011), rjrtools Team ArcticChat (03-12-2011)
Old 03-10-2011, 06:11 PM   #56
Super Moderator

ArcticChat.com Moderator  
Super Moderator
ATV: TRV700H1 XT/550H1
2009 Mileage: 800
AWESOME!!!

Just so we're clear.......I DO NOT have an Arctic Cat ATV Addiction..........wellll...YES...yes I do.....

2013 700H1 TRV XT (Mine!!) - 265mls
2009 550H1 EFI (Wifey's) - 990mls
2008 650H1 TRV (gone...but not forgotten) - 2250mls
2009 250Utility 4x2 (was great!! till "The Boy" outgrew it) - 480mls
cupsz71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 06:53 PM   #57

ATV: (1)400man---(1)250---(1)500auto
2010 Mileage: 300
2009 Mileage: over 1000
hi bill

just a few questions for you.....if you don't mind

is there a problem with an "overdose" like using a lot of this at one time, like to fix our fuel gauge problem a lot of us arctic owners are having..

and would you see a problem with mixing this with another product such as this other great product "seafoam" we also swear by this product and we dont wanna do any harm to our machines..thanks for the reply

chris

slide mod

exhaust mod
Deluxe Arctic Cat thumb/grip warmers
2500 lb warn winch
48" Arctic Cat plow
Arctic Cat brush guard
Arctic Cat rear bumper
Arctic Cat hand guards
mud lites

2006 250 Utility(green)
all stock

2009 500 AUTO (RED)
outlaw mst's
deluxe arctic cat hand/thumb warmer
//airdam stage 1 and 2
slide mod
arctic cat hand guards
arctic cat rear bumper
arctic cat front brush guard
arctic cat 50" plow
ricktherocket flex bracket(front)
chris051873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 08:54 AM   #58
Team ArcticChat

Team ArcticChat  
Team ArcticChat
ATV: 09 700 Mud Pro
2010 Mileage: 950
2009 Mileage: 900
2008 Mileage: 1300
2007 Mileage: 1200
2006 Mileage: 1700
This was a good read, informative and helpful.
Thanks, Bob
09 700 Mud Pro, front & rear winches, hand warmers, custom made speed mount snow plow system that Arctic Cat won't even look at but should be a factory accessory. My Face book link; http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=731...;/Bob.Reicherts
rjrtools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 09:42 AM   #59

Star Tron uses a fuel "suspension" making it 100% compatible with any other fuel additive. The fuel base also means it is not possible to "overdose' Star Tron.

You don't need to use more than the recommended dosage as shown on the back label, but if you were to accidentally add too much - or even the entire bottle - you cannot cause any harm to engines or fuel systems.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to billatstarbrite For This Useful Post:
chris051873 (03-14-2011), chris111179 Super Moderator (08-19-2011), cupsz71 Super Moderator (03-14-2011), doorfx Administrator (03-14-2011), stevem5215 Team ArcticChat (03-14-2011)
Old 05-27-2011, 10:34 PM   #60

Sled: 1999ZR700
07-08 Mileage: 200
06-07 Mileage: 300
Ethanol issues

It seems appropriate to renew this discussion about the ethanol fuel additive, the problems it causes to equipment & the products used to combat it.

I've put my snowmobile away for the winter & turned my attention to a pair of jet ski's I own. (99 Yamaha XL1200 WaveRunners). For the second year in a row, I have got bitten by the ethanol bug, I think. I'm tired of major teardowns to fix it & I hope someone will help me get the answers I need.

Within this thread, Billatstarbrite made an excellent post about ethanol. I hope he see's this new post & feels compelled to continue the discussion.

One thing that is still missing for me is an explanation on the symptoms of the "ethanl bug". In other words, when you tear engines/carbs down, what are the various appearances you can/should expect to see based on the different ways ethanol physically affects an engine's internal components (with and without ethanol). In my case, XL1200's are triple cylinder motors (front, middle, rear), plastic gas tank & a triple carb rack assembly. Designed within each carb is a tiny fuel filter. These fuel filters keep getting clogged with a "white" gummy substance. The skis sat for 6 months with Stabil fuel additive.

Everything I've read so far indicates I should be seeing a "rust" colored substance. Why am I seeing "white".
bbealing is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   ArcticChat.com - Arctic Cat Forum » ATV's » General ATV Discussion

Search tags for this page
star brite star tron gasoline additive
star tron
star tron fuel stabilizer vs stabil
star tron gasoline additive review
star tron ingredients

star tron vs stabil

startron fuel stabilizer complaints

startron reviews

startron vs stabil

startron vs stabil fuel treatment
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.