Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

Belt Reset Jumper...Not available anymore???

3K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  Bunk 
#1 ·
I asked the dealer if he had any Belt Reset Jumpers in stock, they respond;

"Sorry. It is a shop tool now. It was only sent out in 2004.There is a legal liability issue, machines must go back to an authorized dealer for this."

Any other place where I can get this tool?

#2 ·
put in a Dynatek CDI and you will never need it again

#3 ·
Do you have the part number, or place where I can order it?

#5 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (AC_Boss @ Jan 5 2009, 04:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
"Sorry. It is a shop tool now. It was only sent out in 2004.There is a legal liability issue, machines must go back to an authorized dealer for this."[/b]

yea :moon: the dealer...........i cant stand that crap, can you make your own jumper anyway...i just refuse to pay them to do something that simple

#6 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Estwing @ Jan 5 2009, 06:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
The part number for the jumper is 0486-161

In place of the OEM jumper, a short piece of wire between the orange/green and gray/green does the trick.[/b]
+1 for the short term but the Dynatek is the way to go.

#7 ·
Thanks for the info! Il wire something up this weekend. Have you guys heard anything about the RF filters? Sanny said to get one in his 650 V2 mods in the pinned section.

#9 ·
Im not quite sure where the jumper is suposed to go. Incase I dont find the orange/green and gray/green wires, where are they located?

#10 ·
Under the seat you will find a square four-wire connector. Disconnect it. The two wires you need to jumper are in the female side. I would upload a pic but I'm in one state and my quads are in another 1000 miles away. :eek: Also by orange/green I mean an orange wire with a green tracer and likewise with the gray wire with green tracer. You are only shorting two wires together.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.