General ATV Discussion Discussion Forum for Arctic Cat ATVs

Old 04-18-2008, 04:02 AM   #1

Just wondering what kind of rigs some of you guys might have that Actualy use your vehicles for work...lol
Basic disc for garden and food plot, brand, price.

Same on the grader blade. Looking for the pull type to do a lil leveling and driveway work as needed(900 foot driveway...lol) Snow later if needed. Primary is gravel and dirt.
I see several types online and at bass pro. Just kinda wondering who uses what and what works the best for the lowest price.

Anyone tried the new Tufline Groundhog yet?
The_Wolfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 04-18-2008, 10:52 AM   #2
Team ArcticChat
Team ArcticChat  
Team ArcticChat
almost everyone that i've to around here about them has told me that the "atv" disc aren't worth what they sell for, and they don't last. so, i bought a tractor.
[attachment=98451:IMG_0118.JPG]
if you look at what's on the trailer you can see what i used to use. it is an 8 disc cultivator, and it would tear up some ground. but it is alot easier doing it with the tractor now.
Attached Thumbnails
Disc and Grader Blades-img_0118.jpg  
mrmrezg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 01:55 PM   #3

Yeah that was one of my options. I could either buy another tractor or buy an atv. For what i needed it for the most the atv won out as the tractor would be to big and even more dangerous getting in where i need to get to timber salvage and cleanup after the storms.
Want to put some foodplots in down in the bottoms and garden mostly. Got one of the tractors back but it was the lil one, no disc.
Big one had the disc and grader blade, was big enough to pull the brushhog to.

Now after i get all the tree's and tops up i could get in the bottoms pretty well. But we don't plant field corn anymore and mom sold the middle out of the farm a couple years back so a tractor would be a big expense for lil use. The atv i figure ill use a lot more and have to ride for fun now as well.
I know what your saying about the discs, at least the lil flip discs. To expensive for how their made and don't look very durable. The tuffline biologic series look pretty decent though but you pay for them.
For what i need now one of the atv discs and grader blades should work out well enough if i can find one worth the money. Just thought id see if any of the guys used em and what brand. All the grader blades seem flismy that ive seen. Driveways waayy to long to do with a shovel by hand...lol
Old 04-18-2008, 06:54 PM   #4
Team ArcticChat
Team ArcticChat  
Team ArcticChat
the ones that i was looking at were made by summit tree stands and looked real solid but they were very costly. here is their web site
http://www.summitstands.com
Old 04-18-2008, 10:13 PM   #5

Sled: 1987 Grand National/ 1994 Panther
ATV: Arctic Cat 500 Manual (2005)
2009 Mileage: 600
2008 Mileage: 550
2007 Mileage: 450
2006 Mileage: 949
I use mine to pull a 6' disc harrow over my 2 acre garden. I have a tractor also but the Cat is more fun. I also skid out many cord of wood with it each year.

[attachment=98508:100_3239.JPG][attachment=98509:100_3241.JPG]

[attachment=98510:100_3243.JPG][attachment=98511:100_3244.JPG]
Attached Thumbnails
Disc and Grader Blades-100_3239.jpg   Disc and Grader Blades-100_3241.jpg   Disc and Grader Blades-100_3243.jpg   Disc and Grader Blades-100_3244.jpg  

*ATVLogic rear bag
*Black rims
*Custom 2" Fernco hidden snorkle
*Kolpin custom gun & bow speedrack
*AC rear bumper[/i]
*AC hand gaurds
*Moose heated hand grips & thumb warmer
RM 250
RM 370 1976 Vintage
DRZ 400
Lifted Power Stroke Excursion on 35"s
Lifted Power Stroke Crew Cab Super Duty on 35''s
Wagoneer on 38''s
79 CJ-5 on 35"s
62 Willys CJ-5 on31"s
Custom Harley Chopper
1* 1979 Jag Free Airs
1994 Panther Deluxe 440
My Farm * www.northtinmouthfarm.com
VT ArcticCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 10:49 PM   #6

Sled: 98 formula 500
ATV: 2005 articat 650 v2
For the garden I have part of an old John Deere rotary hoe works great. Bought the hoe for $400 and had enough to make 16 of them. Sold 15 at $200 each and have one for myself. It works great to aerating the lawn and with a little more weight and a couple passes the garden is ready.

It is dark out now so no picture of my unit but look at attached pictures and you will see what I used.
With the one in the picture you can make 8 units.
Attached Thumbnails
Disc and Grader Blades-disc.jpg   Disc and Grader Blades-hoe.jpg   Disc and Grader Blades-disc.jpg  
liquorbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 01:31 AM   #7

ATV: 06 500 TRV
I use a Warn plow for snow and for when I move a bunch of gravel but it won't really dig if you're trying to level a driveway. For that I've been using a DR PowerGrader that a friend has. I've done a 300 yd plus driveway for him and a 100 yarder. Works great, just takes a few passes.
As far as a disc, I've never used one or seen one up close.
JD

"Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself! They are the American people's Liberty Teeth and keystone under Independence. From the hour the Pilgrims landed, to the present day, events, occurrences, and tendencies prove that to insure peace, security, and happiness, the rifle and pistol are equally indispensable. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere, restrains evil interference -- they deserve a place of honor with all that's good!"
-President George Washington, in a speech to Congress. 7 January, 1790

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."
-James Earl Jones

"Bunny! Ball ball!"
-Hudson Hawk

Si vis pacem, para bellum
kancoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 01:47 AM   #8

Yeah the ones ive seen are pricey, about as much as a full sized disc for a tractor basicly(8-900).
One i do like is the tufline biologic disc bass pro carries(among other places) that adjusts the depth of cut with the transport wheels. Looks well made and unlike many of the others it's the same width as the 500 and the transport wheels are 'behind' the disc, not sticking a foot out to each side.
The flip discs just look kinda flimzy. And pricey.

MRMREZG, all i could find on the summit site was archery equipment, no atv stuff.

VT, what kind of disc have you got(brand) and what did it run you? And yes i think the ATV will be more fun then useing a tractor to. Spent a lot of hours in a tractor seat and was'nt anything ever really 'fun' about it...lol One nice thing about an atv is the exhasut isnt blowing up in the air and rolling back in your face.

LB, i've got a disc for the old farmall H series with the offset engine but along with the tractor it's a collectors item(one reason i bought the atv instead of still useing it). The 500 will have as much or more pulling power as well. Don't really want to rework it so im looking for a good atv style disc of some type. Most are high $$$$
There's a place in TN i could get one that sets up on a transfer bar. You simply swap out the disc, trail rake, blade or cultivator on the transfer bar. Not bad for 1700 for all of it but it just don't seem like a man would get a deep enough cut. I hate haveing to make half a dozen passes...lol
Best deal ive found so far new is about 700. Need to find me a used one but their scarce as hens teeth. Decent pull style grader blade to.
Old 04-19-2008, 09:48 AM   #9
Team ArcticChat
Team ArcticChat  
Team ArcticChat
wel i guess they dropped them. i should've checked that, my bad. i don't know why they would drop them. i am sure they were making money on them, at $900-$1300 you know they were making money.
Old 04-19-2008, 10:15 AM   #10

ATV: 2000 Arctic Cat 500 4x4 Auto
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (The_Wolfman @ Apr 18 2008, 05:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
 Quote:
Just wondering what kind of rigs some of you guys might have that Actualy use your vehicles for work...lol
Basic disc for garden and food plot, brand, price.

Same on the grader blade. Looking for the pull type to do a lil leveling and driveway work as needed(900 foot driveway...lol) Snow later if needed. Primary is gravel and dirt.
I see several types online and at bass pro. Just kinda wondering who uses what and what works the best for the lowest price.

Anyone tried the new Tufline Groundhog yet?[/b]
yep it is easier to do it with the tractor. I have a kubota with a bucket loader and a tooth bar on it and it will tear anything up.
Attached Thumbnails
Disc and Grader Blades-000_1892__medium_.jpg  
Custom Snorkel
2500lb Warn Winch
54 Inch Snow Plow
26" Dirt Devil II X/T On AC Rims
25" AT489's On AC Rims
EaTmYtAiLpIpEs is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   ArcticChat.com - Arctic Cat Forum » ATV's » General ATV Discussion

Search tags for this page
atv grader attachment

atv grader blade

atv grader blades

atv tree chopper

dirt devil grader blade
disc grader

grader blade for atv

grader blades for atv
used atv grader

yamaha rhino grader blade

Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.