Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

ATV Snowblower

19K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  A/C651/H1 
#1 ·
[attachment=84351:snow_thrower_atv.jpg][attachment=84352:snowblow...tv_honda.jpg
]

I am new here so I don't know if this has been discussed at length or not, maybe in an old post. I saw in another post where some members asked about snowblowers for their ATV and had never seen one. Well here are some pictures. Pricey at 4G. A guy sells these things near the East Metro of the Twin Cities. 2 stage blower mounts like most new plows for ATV. Does not need a PTO driveshaft as they have their own motor. Say they don't put a lot of weight on the front end...hmmmm? but whatever. Weighs 395 lbs and is supported by it's own pneumatic castor wheels. Says the ATV frame does not have to support the snowblower but uses the ATV's winch to raise and lower. I don't sell these or have any affiliation with the guy that does. Just sharing information to those you may be interested in them.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
If I had a mile of fairly straight paved driveway I might consider it. Otherwise, it's too cumbersome, too heavy and too expensive. My father in law bought something like that for his yard tractor. Tried it the first year and it was up for sale the following season. He went back to his 5 h.p. snow thrower. Big units like that are next to useless in tight quarters and limited space. Four grand will buy three premium quality snow throwers.

#4 ·
Plow seems easier to install, use, and drive with.... Both have Pro's and Con's... I suppose the Wet heavy snow we recieved would have worked Great with snow blower.... as the 400 was laboring a little pushing the Heavy stuff....

#5 ·
Swisher had one similar to this, except with the motor on the rear and you could swap out front attachments. I stayed away from it. Too big. It would take up 12 feet in the garage, maybe more. As it is I use a 32" JD snowblower that sits against the wall.

Jay

#6 ·
Thanks for the post. We looked into that, but its pricey. We have to use a snowblower and plow,too much snow, and nowhere to put it without the snowblower. Good point, Borat, I can see where it wouldnt work in tight places! It sure makes for a workout though, wrestling a snowblower up a grade over trees, hills ect for about 300 feet. That damn thing is like wrestling a calf uphill!!

#7 ·
#8 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Green4004x4 @ Dec 21 2007, 08:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
http://www.quadivator.com/snowblower.html

http://www.quadivator.com/images/blower/blower6.jpg

http://www.quadivator.com/images/blower/blower3.jpg

This is the last one I've seen... has Motor in the rear, but is slightly out of my price range.... hmmm.. add a set of tracks and You could go into the Snow removal business...[/b]
That's the one - thanks. Nice unit, but way too big for me.

Jay

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.