Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

just killing time

1K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  Buddyp 
#1 ·
Hello All.
I am at work installing new hard drives into my server. Takes a while so i thought i would find out about how to adjust my valves. I have an 04 650 with about 2000 kmhs on it. I havent done it yet. It still runs fine should i be doing this ???
Thanks all

#3 ·
since you have 1200 miles, id check them for the hell of it, and if there ok or need little adjustment, do it every 1000 miles, if there real loose, try checking them at 800 the next time

i do my 500 every 5 to 600 miles, but then again it also depends how you ride, if you ride fast trails then you can go many miles, but i do alot of low range crawling, so 500 miles is alot of hours and high revving work

#5 ·
yea, yours is harder since you got the two cylinders while we only have one.....hehe

must suck to change the plugs to

#6 ·
Do a search on this.. Not to long ago the same topic came up.

Mark

#9 ·
everytime when i bring mine in to get the valves adjusted, they change the plug, so not sure on how it looks, would like to try and adjust them myself once

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.