Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

On a trip, need some help!! 2011 F8

1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  UpstateNYsnopro 
#1 ·
Good morning, I'm on a week long trip with the family and within 5 miles of camp yesterday, son says tail light is flickering, then gauge pod goes out, and seems to be in "Limp mode" like it only has enough power to get it moving. I checked the connections under hood and removed headlight pod and all looks ok. Can't check the taillight wires as it looks like they are all under the bumper/snow flap that are both riveted on. Anyone have this happen or ideas?
I did a search and it kept coming up with 0.
Thanks in advance.

#3 ·
Had all of that (except limp mode) happen on my '10 Z1, and it was a fuse...the same fuse that controls those items, also controls the 12v plug on the dash. Replaced the fuse, unplugged my gps, and all was good. I would start there.

#4 ·
Well, checked the fuses, all looked good. Trucked sled to a dealer, asked if he could take a quick look, he basically laughed. Left there, was going by a NAPA, and wheeled in and grabbed three fuses. Replaced all three and BINGO! Light and gauges. Rode a very rough 70 miles today and all was good. Pics of the old fuses below, on closer look, it looks like the red one is black on the outer edges. You boys were right, thank you.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.