Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

Which sled?

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  jzelt 
#1 ·
I am looking to buy another sled. Either f8 or turbo. F8 would be easier for me to work on. No dealer within a few hours drive so the turbo could cause me repair issues. But I like the idea of not putting in 2 stroke oil. So, what year did Cat come out with the 800 H.O. motor? What about the electronic reverse? Do the Turbo's need premium fuel? Thinking I might rather have the twin spar chassis instead of the 2012? what other info would I need to compare? Probably used or leftover so are there any big differences between the say 3 most recent years?

#3 ·
Both are great sleds. It sounds like your guts telling you to go with the f8. That is a solid sled just if you go used/leftover don't go older than 09. Whats common with the design of the sled is that the coolant flows to the back and if you get rear ended or even in reverse and forcing it the metal piece will snap and you'll have to get it welded. In 2009 they had the same design, only instead of having to get it welded they made it you could take the unit off and replace it for cheaper.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.