F Chassis ('07-???) Also known as the Twin Spar chassis.

Old 12-15-2006, 04:15 PM   #1

Sled: AC 07 F8 SP
06-07 Mileage: 25
ATV: AC 700 EFI 06
2007 Mileage: NA
2006 Mileage: NA
I was just at my dealer and the cat rep was there and i asked him about these F10 problems and he said only 1(one) F1000 has had problems and they sent him a new F10SP instead of the standard F10 he had. And I said then who are all these guys on arcticchat and hardcorsledder? He said there liers just causing @#$% or Mach Z owners cuz there scarred!!! He also told me cat worked on this motor for 3 years to get it sound and it is just that. most of the problems are complants about the hood.
call them and ask he said Phone: 218-681-8558.
NBTWFO is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 12-15-2006, 04:34 PM   #2
Sponsors

Sponsors
Sled: 2007 F1000 SP
07-08 Mileage: zero
06-07 Mileage: 550
I honestly don't think everyone is lieing, but the internet does exaggerate things. Like 6 different people talking about the same sled. I bet that happens often. I'm sure they will fix any problems that come up. They have always taken care of the customers when these problems pop up.

ODS F10 Asphalt sled 9.387 @ 135.16
looneytune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 06:19 PM   #3
Sponsors

Sponsors
I hope it is resolved soon,and some kind of statement comes from Cat to its dealers(something better than.."it must be from aftermarket Y pipes and stuff"). I certainly don't think it is every machine. There are a variety of things that it could be and there is a lot of speculation,but looney is right...internet can really exagerate.
My opinion is a timing issue...and that could be from ecu or other things as well. It has been said that a few early builds had excessive vibration and were recalled from crank vibrations,etc...and someone stated that suzuki came over and re did some engines before the second build.
....IF..those cranks were out of phase and changed piston timing?...or if a key was sheared?...

I certainly am no expert. we will hopefully hear something respectable soon.

Two years of problems were never addressed properly by BRP on those Mach 1000's. They treated their dealers horrible and the public as well,denying everything and letting on each time was the first they ever heard of it....I would expect Cat will deal with it properly when they can,and not try to pass the blame(like they have been sort of doing in the interim by the sounds of things)...

..Cat looked after those 03 f cats(eventually),and they will this one as well,I expect.
helix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 06:44 PM   #4

Sled: 09 Polaris Dragon 800SP
07-08 Mileage: 2256
06-07 Mileage: 1300
ATV: 05 Sportsman 700
2007 Mileage: 300
2006 Mileage: 600
My dealer called me yesterday and said my Xfire 1000 was in. I asked him to make sure the service dept. purged that bad boy extra special and explained what was being said on the internet. He called me late this morning and asked if I wanted to pick it up, of course I did. The first thing I did when I got there was go straight to the service manager and spoke to him about purgeing my 1000CF. He said he personally lifted the front end, tipped to the left and every other trick they know of and gaurantees it's all good. The service manager has been getting bombarded with calls from customers who purchased 1000's from him asking about this aleged air in the cooling system, so he called Artcic Cat. Well they claimed that the ones that have blown had mods on them, exactly what he didn't say. Cat is claiming the mods are making them way to lean. I myself have purchased the D&D Y-Pipe, bullseye's, and have a boondocker, BMP stealth pipe on order and plan on ordering a Koso digital dual display heat gauge. I plan on putting the heat gauge on right away to get an idea as to the temp range it runs at. After a good 300-400 mile breakin I'll add the Y-Pipe and the bullseyes along with the boondocker and the pipe (i won't put any mods on until I have the boondocker). I've spoke to many people including D&D and BMP they will supply us with SAFE TESTED boondoker settings I also am trying to find a shop with a dyno to run it on as well. Sorry about the book I guess what I'm trying to say is take it easy and be careful about installing any mods this is a new engine and we need more testing to assure we won't blow them up.

08 Polaris Dragon 700
SLP Pipe/Can Combo
A05GSHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 07:21 PM   #5

Sled: 03 F7 IS 700 NSSR World Record holder
Wouldn't it be better to just run it stock first? If there is a problem at least there will be warranty.
alien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 09:47 PM   #6

Sled: CF 1000
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (NBTWFO @ Dec 15 2006, 05:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
 Quote:
I was just at my dealer and the cat rep was there and i asked him about these F10 problems and he said only 1(one) F1000 has had problems and they sent him a new F10SP instead of the standard F10 he had. And I said then who are all these guys on arcticchat and hardcorsledder? He said there liers just causing @#$% or Mach Z owners cuz there scarred!!! He also told me cat worked on this motor for 3 years to get it sound and it is just that. most of the problems are complants about the hood.
call them and ask he said Phone: 218-681-8558.[/b]
Please get your dealer and rep to call my dealer/rep cause I had a bone stock CF 1000 blow up. This was a sled that my dealer swapped out for my pre-order which still has not shown up. In fact my dealer still has no confirmation from Cat on the pre-order which he is going to give me to replace the blown up sled. So far Cat has done sweet F all for me... I've missed a week and a half of riding and now the snow we had is gone. If I soon don't get my replacement sled(original pre-order in April!!) or if I have problems with the new sled I will do everything I can to cause as much @#*& as I can for AC on the net. Walk a mile in my shoes buddy!!
chiefkp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 10:37 PM   #7

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (chiefkp @ Dec 15 2006, 10:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
 Quote:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (NBTWFO @ Dec 15 2006, 05:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
 Quote:
call them and ask he said Phone: 218-681-8558.[/b]
Please get your dealer and rep to call my dealer/rep cause I had a bone stock CF 1000 blow up. This was a sled that my dealer swapped out for my pre-order which still has not shown up. In fact my dealer still has no confirmation from Cat on the pre-order which he is going to give me to replace the blown up sled. So far Cat has done sweet F all for me... I've missed a week and a half of riding and now the snow we had is gone. If I soon don't get my replacement sled(original pre-order in April!!) or if I have problems with the new sled I will do everything I can to cause as much @#*& as I can for AC on the net. Walk a mile in my shoes buddy!!
[/b][/quote]
Phone: 218-681-8558
I got a new back panal and new fox flot shock UPS tody because there were scratches on them and I called cat they took 1 day to get it to me. I was told all the 1000 were delivered in late Oct. early Nov. F8 were late. and I called for my F8Sp on Nov. 29th and told them the MI trails open on the 1st ya know where my sled. got a call the next day from my dealer and they told it would be here Friday. I'm on Cats side here lot of Crap on the net. But best of luck.
Old 12-15-2006, 10:50 PM   #8

Geezus, you must be a magazine editor or something the way Cat is falling all over you. Or that number must be a direct connection to MR. Arctic Cat himself. Maybe the rep for our area is an arsewipe or something, or maybe where I live is out out of AC's guarenteed delivery in 30 mins or free zone.

I can absolutely CONFIRM, 100% fact that not ALL the 1000's were delivered by Nov.

Basically, we have had absolutely polar opposite experiences from Cat to this point. Despite your awsome results from Cat, your source is unreliable. 1000's are blowing up and some pre-order 1000's are still not delivered.

Have a nice day...
Old 12-15-2006, 10:56 PM   #9

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (chiefkp @ Dec 15 2006, 11:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
 Quote:
Geezus, you must be a magazine editor or something the way Cat is falling all over you. Or that number must be a direct connection to MR. Arctic Cat himself. Maybe the rep for our area is an arsewipe or something, or maybe where I live is out out of AC's guarenteed delivery in 30 mins or free zone.

I can absolutely CONFIRM, 100% fact that not ALL the 1000's were delivered by Nov.

Basically, we have had absolutely polar opposite experiences from Cat to this point. Despite your awsome results from Cat, your source is unreliable. 1000's are blowing up and some pre-order 1000's are still not delivered.

Have a nice day...[/b]
you can always buy something else if you think you being treated unfair or don't like the product. I guess AC Regional Mgr. are unreiable then.
Attached Thumbnails
F1000 blow up&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;-07f8.jpg  
Old 12-15-2006, 11:08 PM   #10

Maybe he is referring to his specific region?!?

Anyways, the cheque is already cashed my friend, and if I didn't trade in a sled I probably would already be shopping elsewhere. If I don't soon get a sled or if anything goes wrong with the replacement... I will be looking for my money back.

Happy trails...

Lower Navigation
Go Back   ArcticChat.com - Arctic Cat Forum » Snowmobiles » Arctic Cat Snowmobiles » F Chassis ('07-???)

Search tags for this page
2007 arctic cat f1000 engine problems
2007 arctic cat f1000 lxr problems

2007 arctic cat f1000 problems

2007 f1000 problems
arctic cat f1000 blow up
arctic cat f1000 engine problems
arctic cat f1000 oil soaked plugs

arctic cat f1000 problems

arctic cat f1000 reliable
f1000 motor seized with boondocker
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.