Camoplast T4S Tracks on 2013 AC 700 Diesel - ArcticChat.com - Arctic Cat Forum

Diesel ATV'S A place to talk diesel only!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 Old 10-23-2016, 11:59 AM Thread Starter

Camoplast T4S Tracks on 2013 AC 700 Diesel

Well I finally pulled the trigger on a set of TS4 tracks for my AC Diesel. Been on the fence about it a long time. I get snowed in at my house in Montana several days a year and I didn't want to buy a snowmobile just for that purpose. I also want to do some back country camping and looking forward to using it for that. Had the twin battery system installed too. Stock battery doesn't give you a warm and fuzzy feeling in the back country during super cold morning starts.

I have a few questions to help in my new winter adventuring:

one: I live at high altitude (6000') and where I want to camp this winter is (8000'). We all know these rigs come from the factory fuel starved. I need to fix this. I know there are two universally accepted techniques to fix this. adjusting the fuel screw on the pump and adjusting the screw in combination with advancing the timing. I read arguments on both sides. Does anyone have any clear instructions on this? Now that my machine is out of warranty I want to do this.

two: I bent the metal flange that welds the hitch receiver to the ATV frame. I was surprised how weak this attachment is and how easily it bent! My hitch is now bent downward about 10 degrees! I think I can bent it back ok but I need to reinforce this. Does anyone know of a retrofit plate that bolts on the hitch to strengthen it? I know I can't be the only one that had that problem? I want to pull a sled with all my winter gear into the winter camp and need a strong hitch on the Cat.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 10-23-2016, 01:45 PM

Sled: 1997 t cat,1997 zrt 600
sorry not a LOT of help here, but if it was me, I might be looking into adding a solar powered trickle charger when your in the back country, can ONLY help make sure you got power, there rather cheap and don't take up a lot of space/weight?/

just an idea here for you?
post #3 of 15 Old 10-26-2016, 12:55 PM
Team ArcticChat

Team ArcticChat

Team ArcticChat
ATV: 2013 550 Core
Did you buy, or fabricate your twin battery system?

2013 550 Core, AC Hand Guards, Zilla 27's, RTR Steer Light & Shock Bushings, Auto Resetting Brkrs, Fnt & Rr Brush/Bumpers, RAM X Mnt & Cup Hldr, Champion 3klbs Winch, AmSteel 3.5Klbs Syn Rope, Braided Hook Strap, Rowe Anodized Billet Alum Fairlead, Bostitch 28" wtrprf box, Reese Tow Hook, DYI Web Catchers, Koplin Overfenders, SpeedWerx Clutch Kit, DDM HID 35w 8K Kit, CREE LED light bar, green LED low beams and green Oznium 3W LED bullet running lights. 2" Moose Lift.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 Old 10-27-2016, 02:47 PM Thread Starter

It was an Arctic Cat official product for the 700 diesel.
post #5 of 15 Old 10-28-2016, 12:26 PM
Super Moderator

ArcticChat.com Moderator

Super Moderator
Sled: Plastic Orange
ATV: 05 650 v2 & 09 550H1
Maybe the newer ATV frames are a little different but I have put 3000lb plus boat trailer with lots of tongue weight and never bent mine. I don't use a long draw bar however.

A sled won't have any tongue weight to it shouldn't be a problem. A local welder should be able to reinforce it cheap and easy. Once you bend it back it really isn't going to be very strong.

05 650V2 LE, 09 550H1,04 Arctic Cat 50

"Your best teacher is your last mistake"
post #6 of 15 Old 10-28-2016, 11:07 PM Thread Starter

Yup. I was very, very surprised how easily it bent. I had a rear hitch carrier on it to carry my winter camping tent and wood stove into elk camp. The carrier, boxes and tent probably wasn't more than 80 pounds. I'd post a picture if it were easier to do on this format.
post #7 of 15 Old 10-29-2016, 08:34 AM

Sled: 1997 t cat,1997 zrt 600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigskyguy1976 View Post
Yup. I was very, very surprised how easily it bent. I had a rear hitch carrier on it to carry my winter camping tent and wood stove into elk camp. The carrier, boxes and tent probably wasn't more than 80 pounds. I'd post a picture if it were easier to do on this format.
I think the issue wasn't so much the weight of items, BUT the fact the leverage all that weight had on things, I do NOT think an atv should use a hitch carrier, its NO was near as strong as say a trucks, yes it can tow a bunck more weight, but its not all being supported ONLY on the mount, the tires share the load, not placing leverage on it:
better to bend it that break bigger things?
post #8 of 15 Old 11-16-2016, 11:25 AM Thread Starter

well crap. the tracks didn't turn out so well. That was a ton of money down the shitter.

so.... the shop installed the tracks just fine. they also tried to turn up the fuel a bit and adjust the timing. Looks like they might have screwed it up a bit. The cat has NO power now. Hardly enough to turn the tracks.

Anyone in the Montana, Idaho, Oregon, Washington area have a diesel shop they have taken their machine to? Arctic Cat shops know absolutely nothing of these engines.

So disappointed....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	arctic cat 700 diesel w tracks 1.JPG
Views:	212
Size:	2.14 MB
ID:	283082   Click image for larger version

Name:	arctic cat 700 diesel w tracks 2.JPG
Views:	129
Size:	1.49 MB
ID:	283090  
post #9 of 15 Old 11-16-2016, 01:08 PM
Administrator

ArcticChat.com Admin

Administrator
Thanked 2,653 Times in 2,438 Posts
Garage
ATV: 07 500 auto 13 700 XT trv
2010 Mileage: 800
2007 Mileage: 800
2006 Mileage: 800
They need to look into a different gearing kit for the final drives on the tracks.

Dynojet/142m/45p/3rd/3turns--Clipped and drilled--Unifilter--Easy adjust PMS--L.C.V. mod--AC Swaybar--Exhaust mod--2"Snorkels--Sanny shock bushings-- Airdam stage 1--PSC phase 2--21/ 23gr rollers--Dalton yellow spring--.7mm shim--Sanny Steerlites--RTR Flex Bracket--2 up seat / pegs--Tach--AC handguards--28" Outlaw mst's--Skull tailight--Skull shifter--Self Resetting Breakers--1" Wheel spacers--Customcncparts Steering Damper--AC deluxe handwarmers--6000k HID'S hi/lo--AC Deluxe Bumpers--Inline Fuel Filter-- O2 sensor \AFR guage--Black Magic Full Stainless Exhaust System--Wireless Winch Remote--29.5 Outlaws--Fox Podium X Rear Shocks--
2013 700 XT trv eps stock

It's mind over matter,If you don't mind,
It just doesn't matter

No Boost No Bottle
just balls and throttle
post #10 of 15 Old 11-17-2016, 12:36 PM Thread Starter

yeah that might be needed. The Cat seemed to have adequate power with the tires. I'm at altitude (6000 feet) so I'm losing a fare bit of power due to the thinner air but I was always reasonable happy with the power.

The shop did something to the engine that isn't good. It isn't making nearly the power it was before. The engine is very slow in throttle response and coming up in RPMs and sluggish to come down in RPMs. The governed RPM seems way lower than factory.

I found a Kohler authorized service center in Bozeman. Phoned them and they said they know nothing of these engines.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   ArcticChat.com - Arctic Cat Forum > ATV's > Diesel ATV'S

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ArcticChat.com - Arctic Cat Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode