Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

Another Australian Diesel! Sitec's 700!

3K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  Mike_O 
#1 ·
Weeeeeeeee! A diesel section!!! We can now hide in our soot filled corner!!! Thanks for this one mods! Easier to find all the diesel talk as is now all in one place! :)
Anyhow, here's mine.. Yup, the first ever thing I've bought new!!! Being a diesel mechanic/Agri salesman, a diesel ATV seemed logical! I hunted for second hand and found nothing. I even contemplated importing a used Massey Ferguson 700D (Arctic Cat badged as a Massey), but then settled on new! And here it is... the view on the journey home!!!

Attachments

See less See more
Reactions: doorfx
#2 ·
Once home I was able to stretch its legs! The "test ride" in the center of Adelaide was not exactly big distance!! Having got out in the open, I was surprised how well the big bike would go!! 70kmh with ease! A happy diesel owner!

Attachments

#3 ·
Next on the list was a means to carry it!! So out with the welder, and a few mods later.. (Ramps and new drawbar), and I'd resurrected an old trailer. Here it is behind my unique Land Rover!! A 5.6 Cummins powered Land Rover... But, that is another story!

Attachments

#5 ·
Very cool Rover. Something like that is extremely rare in the states.

On this site somewhere is a write up on the diesel. Has some tips to boost the performance. Starting with simple stuff and goes all the way to turbo kits. Check it out if you haven't already.

#6 ·
This ones even rarer... as I have a 5.9 Cummins and ZF 5-42 gearbox in it!! Twice the machine it was when the original V8 was fitted!!!
Re turbo'ing the Cat, yeah, its Whitbread's thread that has all the tweaks. One of the reasons I pushed for a diesel corner. Handy having all the soot talk in one place! :)

#8 ·
There is a guy here in Maine that has put a modded 5.9 Cummins in a Mustang GT. A very professional job, his exhaust exits just in front of passenger side door. Thing is fast as hell! I'm liking the diesel Arctic Cat as my next machine, just hard to find one here.

#9 ·
Recon I've seen a vid of that Mustang on YouTube. Can't beat the Cummins 6bt! As for the Cat. You have more chance of finding one over there than here. I looked for months, bought new, then within a few weeks found one s/h!! Always the way! Mine has settled in well, and I'm now looking to adding a rear bar and splash guards. Then I'll be looking to Turbo and Intercooling!! :)

#10 ·
Weekend out bush!

Well, this weekend was spent at a friends scrub block with another quad and a few bikes. The big diesel stood its ground well. It was awesome, and truly alarming where it will go!! Here's a shot of us running the length of the creek bed! Coming back up here involved the winch!! :)

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.