Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

Crossfire 800 primary drive removal

3K views 18 replies 7 participants last post by  OldManBearcat 
#1 ·
Hi

I have a question about my sled. We have bikes but we're new to sleds...

The dealer sold me a blue primary puller for my 2009 crossfire 800...I threaded it in like it should but then when I cranked on it it felt weird or easy...so when I pulled it out..there was metal shavings in between the puller threads..

I went online and realized the arctic cat dealer sold me the wrong 100 dollar puller... o_O

When i return it and get the right one..will it work now that some of the threads in the primary might be stripped?

I also tried the water method for removal...but about 15 tries later and nothing..it almost seemed like water was leaking out of somewhere. Although I thought it couldn't.

Anyway I appreciate any input you guys might have.

#2 ·
this is a sad one for sure hopefully there are threads left to bite to but more importantly did you express any of this to dealer i would hope they are honest enough to say just bring it in and we will get it off give you the proper puller and replace any damaged parts because of the error so sorry this could get ugly quick

#12 ·
Thanks to everyone for all your replies. After arguing with them about the primary I have they gave us the black puller to try and it worked. The original bolt still fits is often so it doesnt look like major damage was done to the threads. Around our parts if i have to order online I sometimes end up paying custom fees so buying local from dealer is often best option.

Turns out they said the blue puller "should" fit all of them...but because the primary is the original (just says arctic cat without the flying cat) it needed the black puller. Grateful there was a guy there with experience and knew that difference. Otherwise the argument would've lasted longer lol.

Thanks again

#16 ·
I'm not gonna tell ya I seen it on ebay I'll just give you a link and you can get right to it, here it is from Speedwerx;
Clutch Puller // Arctic Cat 9 Tower and 6 Tower Primary, Standard Thread

And if you notice the description it says all two strokes with a 6 or 9 tower "UP TO 2009" that's where the break occurs the 0644-207 is for yours, they must have sold you an 0744-052 and even that one isn't 100 bucks, it's $86.95 list. I'd find a diffrent dealer, here it is right from Arctic Cat's own parts sight

#18 ·
In my original post I said it cost 100$...I was pissed and rounded it off. Here in NB Canada we round off alot...it was actually 88.49 at the local dealer. Instead of being specific i rounded off to 100. That was for the blue puller. The black puller (which is the right one for the original 09 drive) is about 10-15$ less I believe. I don't recall...I was just happy they let me have it to try and I haven't brought them back yet fornthe difference. For some reason I can't add a pic of the receipt...

Thanks everyone for the helpful info

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.