Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

2003 660 bearcat intermittent check engine light

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  arcticbearcat 
#1 ·
Hi, My 2003 660 4 stroke Bearcat with only 2300 miles on it is lighting the check engine light apparently only when warming up. The light does'nt flick, it stays lit and turns off a few minutes later when engine hot I suppose. I'm not using it much cause I take it only to go to my winter cabin (6 miles ride).
The sled goes very well even when the light is on.
Any help appreciated. :huh:

#2 · (Edited)
The light is related to emissions (EPA) stuff, is a programming flaw and can be adjusted by having the sled re-programmed by the dealer.

Or you can forget about it and keep driving it forever. Keep oil in it, and coolant in it and it will last longer than you do!

Check the seal around the inside of the fuel cap....tank must be sealed tight....some of these early models had a production run where the vent pipe was kinked up and would not allow the machine to vent properly.

Unscrew the cap next time one-quarter turn and see if the light still goes on. If it doesn't you have a vent tube that is clogged or kinked.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.