How to make the Bearcat XT better in snow? - Page 9 - ArcticChat.com - Arctic Cat Forum

Bearcat / Utility Sharing info on your 2 or 4 stroke

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #81 of 84 Old 01-09-2016, 03:58 PM

Sled: 15 Bearcat LTD
I have found some good info here on the articulating flip. Here is my mode: I change the spring to a 1 1/2 inch long polyurethane spring and added another 1/2 inch polyurethane spring under the articulating arm to move it up a bit. I also replaced the larger articulating arm wheels to the same size as the wheels at the end of the skid. Now it flexes better and stays on top of the snow while reversing. Thanks for the input.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160109_161740.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	3.11 MB
ID:	255177  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #82 of 84 Old 01-11-2016, 12:07 AM

Sled: Bearcat Z1 -09
ATV: XR 700 ltd -15
Has anyone tried to dismount the sway bar to tip the machine easier?

I like the new skis, much better flotation.
post #83 of 84 Old 01-02-2017, 08:00 PM Thread Starter

Sled: Bearcat 660 & 660 turbo, F570, phazer gt
ATV: grizzly 700 , grizzly 300
Track Update

Haven't been on site lately. Had to replace the larger lug 1.8 track. Loss several lugs on the left had side (7plus). Several breaking down on left. Middle all good. Probably could have gotten another year but decided to change. Disappointed it didn't last longer about 3.5 years use and approx 7000km

Put a 1.4 back on. Will let you if performance in snow changes. Low gear is still excellent and have had no issues. Pleased with the performance in snow, towing and ride.

Thinking about a new machine next year. Cannot find many reviews out there on the new bearcat with the 7000 motor, updated transmission and suspension.

Has anyone done any real life comparisons
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #84 of 84 Old 01-23-2017, 10:24 AM

Garage
I'm digging the 7000xt. I've got about 900 miles on mine now. Tons of low end torque and great gas mileage compared to my old 550 bearcat. Only thing I didn't like and corrected recently was to put the plastic flares on the back of the tunnel. This prevents the snow dust issue that I had prior to adding them. Breaking trail at 6mph is superlow is awesome. Goes anywhere you point it with little track spin. For a big and heavy machine it does very well boondocking through the woods breaking trail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lower Navigation
Go Back   ArcticChat.com - Arctic Cat Forum > Snowmobiles > Arctic Cat Snowmobiles > Bearcat / Utility

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ArcticChat.com - Arctic Cat Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode