Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

trv550 tire decision

3K views 18 replies 8 participants last post by  Freak11970 
#1 ·
hello i an new to atv and I just purchase a 2011 trv 550 and they have the stock tire and rim on them,25x8x12 and 25 x 10x12 ...they are pretty week (1/4 to 3/8 log left) so i am looking at the zilla ,,,on that bike how big can i go without any engine or clutch modification ??will it make a big diference going 26 or 27 ?? is 27 too big for the machine ??? i ride gravel ..rock and of course mud ( witch is where i cannot fallow my friend )
thanks

#2 · (Edited)
You will be fine with 27's. I just put a set of zillas on my 500 this spring they measure about 26" with 7 psi if I remember right. Great all around tire but like all other big lug tires they shake below 5mph. I noticed a big difference compared to the stockers. Hope this helps.

Reactions: barbotte
#4 ·
They won't rub.

#5 ·
Here is my 13 trv with 27" mud bugs
Tire Automotive tire Vehicle Wheel Auto part

#6 · (Edited)
well it look like i will be going 27 as ity is only 25 $ more for the set it is woth it ?... as long as i dont have to do any other mod on my atv as i am no mechanic ,,, i am guessing they will be good for plowing and regular trail too ?? will not be too bumpy ? and is trv 550 powerfull enough to play in the deep mud with 27 (next spring)
thanks

#7 ·
Here is my 500 with 29.5" outlaws
Land vehicle Tractor Vehicle Automotive tire Tire

You might notice a slight loss in power but your 550 will turn them. Remember to use low in the heavy stuff

#9 ·
I agree with jcooper. I kinda wish I would have went with the 28's.

Sent from my LGUS990 using Tapatalk

#11 ·
Here is my 500 with the 27". Land vehicle All-terrain vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire Tire

#15 ·
I have a lift but it is not needed. Mine is a manual transmission but you shouldn't need clutch work though. Also you have to figure if you go with the 28s it like putting on 27s as they run small. Also they don't weigh much more than stock tires.

#17 ·
TRV tires

Personally, I like the GBC Dirt Commander in 26 inch diameter. Great traction, they wear very slowly (I ride dirt, grass, gravel, and pavement.0 Close to 1000 miles on this set and will be riding on them for 4 more years at the rate of wear right now. This set started on an '04 500 TRV and were transferred to my TRV 700 GT. EXCELLENT snow traction. Got rid of my chains. Don't need 'em anymore.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.