ATV Tires and Wheels Looking for new Tires / Wheels for your quad? Discuss and share all ATV Wheel and Tire Specs, Pictures, Sizes, and other information in here.

Old 07-11-2005, 03:27 PM   #1
Team ArcticChat

Team ArcticChat  
Team ArcticChat
ATV: 2005 AC H1
2007 Mileage: 1500 and Adding
2006 Mileage: 750
Any one here from the cold climate area run slime. I mean coooold. Have been having some problems with the bead leaking on the fronts on the H1 and the XTRs. Need to know how this stuff work when its really cold out. Zero or less. I have used it b4 but when living in Tex where we needed it with all the thorns that would seem to puncture anything.

2007 TRV 650H1 SE</span>[color="#0000FF"]
Windshield
Winch
Hand/Tumb Warmer
AC Front Bag
garyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 07-11-2005, 07:21 PM   #2
Team ArcticChat
Team ArcticChat  
Team ArcticChat
Sled: ZRT-AGLT 1050
ATV: AG Edition MotoX V2
I was wondering about it in the cold too.

If it survives & functions... And also doesn't have to be changed out every now and then, I'd try it.

I was wondering if the stuff ages or not. Sure would hate to have to pop the tire off the rim just to get the stuff out.

Anyone out there have any answers?
Old 07-11-2005, 07:40 PM   #3

ATV: 2005 AC 400 4X4 Automatic
2007 Mileage: 359
Hate to throw a 2nd variable in here BUT...what about Flat-Free?? Its like that slime stuff. Anyone ever use it?
Super Grip tires bought, adding soon
EAdams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 08:59 PM   #4

Sled: zr 600 efi LE C.C.
ATV: 650 V2
I slimed my pops's TRV and we live in Minnesota not Canada cold but still plenty zero degree days and I noticed no vibration in the winter however we ride very little in the winter sleds go much faster and curse anyone that trash's a snowmobile trail by trying to ride their wheeler on it in the winter

thanx Progresive
the freeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 07:48 AM   #5

ATV: ac 500 27 inch itp 589's
Found this on the slime website

Will SLiME freeze?

SLiME can be used even in the most extreme conditions. SLiME's boiling point is 220F (104.4C) and its freeze point is -35F (-37.2C). SLiME will not freeze solid in extreme cold, but the viscosity may increase. As soon as the tire is in rotation, friction will create heat and that heat will bring the sealant back to its normal viscosity.

Quote:
Originally posted by the freeze@Jul 11 2005, 09:59 PM
* and curse anyone that trash's a snowmobile trail by trying to ride their wheeler on it in the winter
<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/quote]

Snomobilers around here ride on the same trails as atvs in the winter and there are no
problems. The Snomobilers seem to get around fine riding on the atv trails.
AC Hand warmers
Front and rear bumpers
warn 2500(front)
Champion 3000(Rear)

06 arctic cat 500 manual
warn 2500
Snorkel
Bow Grip
splint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 08:31 AM   #6
Team ArcticChat
Team ArcticChat  
Team ArcticChat
Sled: ZRT-AGLT 1050
ATV: AG Edition MotoX V2
 Quote:
Originally posted by the freeze@Jul 11 2005, 09:59 PM
I slimed my pops's TRV and we live in Minnesota not Canada cold but still plenty zero degree days and I noticed no vibration in the winter however we ride very little in the winter sleds go much faster* and curse anyone that trash's a snowmobile trail by trying to ride their wheeler on it in the winter
<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/quote]

Off topic... If you want to read about slime, skip this post. My apologies.

I generally only use the ATV in the winter for plowing... I use the snowmobile on the snowmobile trails, as it is illegal to use the ATVs on the snowmobile trails anyway.

Yes! ATV use on OFSC trails that are on Crown land (Ontario) is illegal!!!

The OFSC leases the crown land from the MNR (with our OFSC trail permit dollars).

This means the OFSC has legal right to the designated sled trail lands almost as much as ownership... Including the same responsibilities as ownership. Non-OFSC permit holders (ATVs) can actually be charged with tresspassing on OFSC trails crossing over Crown land.

Also... If anyone, (ATVers too) get hurt on the leased/designated OFSC trails on crown land, the OFSC can be held liable/responsible for the injury. Which is why only permit holders are allowed. If the ATVer successfully sues the OFSC for injuries... Guess what? Our sled permit prices skyrocket some more!

An ATV's tires have a tendency to 'trench' as it goes along in the snow, which can leave deep ruts if the snow isn't hardpacked enough to support the weight of the ATV.

Deep ATV tire trenches can be dangerous to a sled going along at a decent speed... Can't visually detect a white hole in white snow, so if the skis hit it the wrong way, it is possible to cause a crash. People can get hurt... Imagine if there were deep winding ruts 15" deep that suddenly appeared in front of your car on the road while you're doing 50-60 kph or faster! It amounts to loss of control, which can be very unsafe.

Sure, I can drive my sled around the deep ATV wheel trenches if I see them in time... But why should I? My OFSC permit dollars paid for the grooming!!!

I don't even drive the ATV on my own sled trail on my property because it ruins the snow surface a little bit with each pass.

A problem for sled trail conditions from ATVs using the snowmobile trails is the ATV wheels churn as they go along, often digging up soil/dirt from underneath. This destroys the snow as soon as the sun comes out, because the dirt-darkened snow melts quickly when the sun hits it. This is ATV damage that is not seen by the ATVer, because it happens after he's long gone.

After the surface destruction I witnessed on the trails last year from ATVs, I vowed to record license plate numbers of the ATVs and report them for their illegal disregard for others. I'll even go to court as a witness if I have to.

Sorry for the off-topic rant folks... But I'm a sledder and ATVer. Those who don't have both usually don't care about the other vehicle type user. That's just plain inconsiderate!

In the long run, not caring about the other trail users can end up in loss of trails for everyone, or escalating prices for everyone (OFATV, OFSC, EOTA).

In the near future, all motorized vehicles using crown lands in Ontario will require permits. So ATVers in Ontario, don't be surprised when you have to buy permits too.

Care for and respect each other, and the rights of others. We have to, if we want to share the trails long into the future. It's better than all of us losing trail access.
Old 07-12-2005, 08:46 AM   #7

06-07 Mileage: N/A
Sounds like it should work!
Engine Ice Coolant
boilers94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 07:28 PM   #8

ATV: 2 2005 650 V2 wife rocks on hers
from a previous post....

Did some research on this stuff reviewing some msds sheets before I purchased it for my tires. Mainly you want to find the stuff that is glycol based so that it does not freeze until below -30 F and make sure it is good for the life of the tires. Some of the stuff like Slime will freeze at or above zero F and they recommend it be changed every two years, like that will ever happen! After some time on the phone with one of the engineeers I ended up getting the stuff that is sold through Cabelas from the manufacturer, Sparty Systems LLC. It is distributed world wide as TXT and also in North America under Simoniz. There are a few brands out there that are good just do some homework on them. Although I did not try to get a msds sheet from High Lifter I believe the stuff they sell is good also. I would like to find out who manufactures it for them because I am sure you would find that someone sells it under a different brand for less than HL.
hand warmers
Gun Rack
geggers
mudlites
EPI Pink and Black
Gun Rack
handgaurds
LIFE'S JOURNEY IS NOT TO ARRIVE AT THE GRAVE
SAFELY IN A WELL PRESERVED BODY, BUT RATHER
TO SKID IN SIDEWAYS, TOTALLY WORN OUT, SHOUTING
"HOLY CRAP.............WHAT A RIDE !!! "
PARTNER UP WITH A YOUNGER WOMAN AND RIDE LIKE THERES NO TOMORROW
gegger is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   ArcticChat.com - Arctic Cat Forum » ATV's » ATV Tires and Wheels

Search tags for this page

does green slime freeze

does slime freeze

does slime freeze?
does slime hurt wheels

does tire slime freeze

freezing slime
will green slime freeze

will slime freeze

will slime tire sealant hurt wheels

will tire slime freeze

Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.