Attention - Password and Security Update - Page 2 - ArcticChat.com - Arctic Cat Forum

Arcticchat.com Site Help and Support Notice an issue with your account or the site? Post here for help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 19 Old 06-20-2016, 04:44 PM

Garage
Sled: What's a snowmobile?
ATV: 2 700s, XC 450, 250, 420 rancher
2010 Mileage: 500
2009 Mileage: 800
2007 Mileage: 800
2006 Mileage: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by 660catman View Post
Don't go, we'd miss you're, I mean your comments, along with your ultimate wisdom and knowledge.
That right there is funny stuff^^^^^

2017 Can-Am Outlander 1000 XT-P Max

2015 XC450inerf bars and Warn R/T 2.5 winch
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 19 Old 06-20-2016, 06:10 PM

What they are trying to avoid telling you is that the old passwords and some of your info was hacked.......

45m passwords stolen from over 1,100 VerticalScope forums
post #13 of 19 Old 06-20-2016, 06:17 PM

Garage
Sled: What's a snowmobile?
ATV: 2 700s, XC 450, 250, 420 rancher
2010 Mileage: 500
2009 Mileage: 800
2007 Mileage: 800
2006 Mileage: 1000
I was waiting for someone to bring that up...

Now that the door has been opened-

Hey admins (from VS) what are you gonna do to protect the data you purchased a few months before you got hacked? A lot of people had to go through crap that wouldn't need to be done had you safeguarded everyone's info.

Great Job VS-

And while you're at it- apologize to everyone for lying to us about why we need to change our passwords-

I wasn't going to bring it up- but since someone already did

2017 Can-Am Outlander 1000 XT-P Max

2015 XC450inerf bars and Warn R/T 2.5 winch

Last edited by Freak11970; 06-20-2016 at 06:35 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 19 Old 06-21-2016, 10:19 AM
Administrator

ArcticChat.com Admin

Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak11970 View Post
Ever since this site was purchased it's gone downhill... If I wasn't such a bored person with no life I'd just stop coming here..
If you have suggestions on what we can change or make the site better, or to tell us what's wrong with it, you can start a thread and start suggesting ideas and changes you'd like to see. I can bring them up with the mod/admin team and we can all work together to fix the issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deezlfan View Post
What they are trying to avoid telling you is that the old passwords and some of your info was hacked.......

45m passwords stolen from over 1,100 VerticalScope forums
The article fails to mention it was suspected to be a third party plugin. This breach is on countless sites across the internet and not just limited to ours.

Their system was compromised and they grabbed user data for us and thousands of others. We cleared our part of the breach and went this route to further security. This is also in place as many members on the internet use the same or similar passwords across all things they use.

These tech blogs don't ever get the full story, they just have hearsay and run with and embellish it.

We cannot go into detail at the moment as it is being dealt with on a legal and law enforcement level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak11970 View Post
I was waiting for someone to bring that up...

Now that the door has been opened-

Hey admins (from VS) what are you gonna do to protect the data you purchased a few months before you got hacked? A lot of people had to go through crap that wouldn't need to be done had you safeguarded everyone's info.

Great Job VS-

And while you're at it- apologize to everyone for lying to us about why we need to change our passwords-

I wasn't going to bring it up- but since someone already did
As mentioned above. The breach is suspected from a third party plug-in and it was their system that was scraped. We are dealing with the issue and have been since we were notified.

We are implementing many behind the scene changes. Hosting changes have already been done to isolate communities from one another and prevent any future compromise, and we’re working on enhanced encryption that will reduce the likelihood of a dictionary attack on data.

Thanks,
- JB
post #15 of 19 Old 06-21-2016, 01:19 PM

I understand all the security modifications and procedures being implemented JB, but it is just the way that these changes were presented to us that reeks. The attempt to keep the breach quiet is a bit disingenuous and self-serving.

I'll move on and leave you to your troubles. Good luck getting it cleared up.
post #16 of 19 Old 06-22-2016, 09:30 AM
Administrator

ArcticChat.com Admin

Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by deezlfan View Post
I understand all the security modifications and procedures being implemented JB, but it is just the way that these changes were presented to us that reeks. The attempt to keep the breach quiet is a bit disingenuous and self-serving.

I'll move on and leave you to your troubles. Good luck getting it cleared up.
We are not trying to keep it quiet. The issue is under legal investigation which will include law enforcement. As such, we cannot go into detail until it is completed, and an official notification is in place. We have been working day and night to ensure these password issues are sorted and get the community back up and running.

I understand your frustration and hope we can work together and get this all sorted.

Thanks,
- Goose
post #17 of 19 Old 06-23-2016, 03:04 PM
Team ArcticChat

Team ArcticChat

Team ArcticChat
Sled: '17 ZR 6000 RS
ATV: '14 Can-Am Max 650 XT
I think that Deezlefan has a reasonable point given that it's possible that his personal data was stolen. I think his expectation was that it would have been more ethical to portray it as such. I think that we all would expect that we'd be notified if our personal data was breached. Instead, the email that was received was simply that our passwords were reset.

I think that everyone sympathizes that VS has their hands full at the moment, and that this is a bad situation for you..... -Z

Last edited by ziemann; 06-28-2016 at 07:52 AM.
post #18 of 19 Old 06-24-2016, 09:46 AM
Administrator

ArcticChat.com Admin

Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by ziemann View Post
I think that Deezlefan has a reasonable point given that it's possible that his personal data was stolen. I think his expectation was that it would have been more ethical to portray it as such. I think that we all would expect that we'd be notified if our personal data was breached. Instead, the email that was received was simply that our passwords were reset.

I think that everyone sympathizes that VS has their hands full at the moment, and that this is a bad situation for you..... -L
Once the investigation is complete, an official statement will be made. Until then however, we cannot go into any more detail.

We do indeed have our hands full right now, however, we do try and update the threads as quickly as possible to answer all the questions and concerns.

Thanks,
JB
post #19 of 19 Old 07-18-2016, 09:17 AM
Administrator

ArcticChat.com Admin

Administrator
Bumping this thread as it has not seen a lot of activity since the 24th.

To anyone reading this who cannot regain access to their account please do the following:

- PM an admin or myself directly (if you are using an alternate account)

- You can also post in this thread and we will be notified of a post being made.

- Use the Contact Us at the bottom of the page to send in an email about your situation. (Please include your usernames, email addresses and a blurb about the issue you are having)
ArcticChat.com - Arctic Cat Forum - Contact Us

Thanks,
- Goose

Lower Navigation
Go Back   ArcticChat.com - Arctic Cat Forum > New User & Site Help Area > Arcticchat.com Site Help and Support

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ArcticChat.com - Arctic Cat Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode