Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

How many miles on your 4 stroker?

51K views 211 replies 60 participants last post by  660catman 
#1 ·
How many miles does everyone have on there 4 strokes, and have you had any trouble.

#58 ·
Hey Cat Bandit search on this site a for a gent called "Cativa" he has a fix for that. Did it on mine and no troubles for 6500 miles.

Hope this helps. Teamgreen

#6 ·
Had 8,600 on my 07 Z1. Zero problems with the 4 stroke, bought another.

#16 ·
2009 TZ1 Turbo Approx. 3300 miles

Endless belt blowing. On my 7th belt and the dealer swears all clutch alignments are within factory spec. I paid overr $600 for a factory 4 year extended warranty that does nothing to help the problem. I have spent an additional $600 to have the dealer and others attempting to solve the problem. I am now taken steps recommended by a very helpful forum memeber Tom D. To fix the problem myself. I won't know if the fix works for at least 500 miles bbecause I never gotten more than 500 miles out of a belt. Thanks again to Tom D. From Princeton, WI for being so helpful with a very frustrating problem.

Russ E.

#18 · (Edited)
3-4 strokers

'07 jag (128"track) (wife's) 7860 miles
'09 Z1 Turbo lxr le 7650 miles -- 2nd secondary, lost it at 104mph pushing 4" fresh wet snow, also took out belt which took out side panel and reverse sensor.
'10 Z1 Turbo EXT (400hpCat happy) 175miles, most on dyno and set up.

1 exhaust valve tight on jag, 09 tubo was good. Turbo easier to work on, no airbox.

#21 ·
2007 660 non-turbo snow couch that has about 5000 miles on it.
Valves were adjusted at about 3k
Only other problem has been the starter relay...which has seen it's share of posts...I replaced all relays with sealed car relays and haven't had any troubles since.

#22 ·
I got a 2011 z1 non turbo bought it Jan 15 2011 parked it march 6th 2011 put on 4000 km's have had Zero issues with it. I absolutely love it. beats the heck out of my 06 FST that was in the shop every week for a year. Named it POC. I will never buy a poo again.

#26 ·
the only thing I have heard of a weak point is the diamond drive. There is a bearing on the transfer gear that is too small for the load. I'm in the process of ordering in a way better bearing than what is in there. Hope to only do this once. They also say the oil used is not very good. I'm going to change that too. Rhey say to use New Holland master trans fluid. I can get that at my local tractor shop.

#27 ·
Around 7500 miles on my 07 Jag. Throttle Position Sensor gone bad. Lots of idler wheel bearings busted. But very happy with the sled. The 07 was 121" track though so I extended to 136" which made a huge difference both on and off trail.

#31 ·
I have a 2012 1100 TZ1 LXR and at 0.2 miles (just got it home from the dealer) the paint started to flake off of the muffler. Large flakes the size of a dime. An area about the size of a credit card went completely to bare metal. On the plus side, the dealer ordered a new exhaust and even came to my home to replace it.

#35 ·
'07 Jag Z1, 10,170 miles, adjusted valves once at about 4500 miles, sled wouldn't idle. Got new Ice Attak track to get rid of twitching. Installed duelie carbides. Have now had three different Chassis Control Units. Had to replace front bearings. Having an issue with the Rear Ryde FX shock. From what I can see, Yamaha 4 strokes are much more maintenance free. I haven't heard of any 4 strokes that need to have their valves adjusted as frequently as Arctic Cats. Used to get about 15 mpg on good days, haven't seen any better than 12.5 mpg lately.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.