NavbitArcticChat.com - Arctic Cat Forum » Snowmobiles » Arctic Cat Snowmobiles » 4 Strokes » Wiring an electric heated visor on an '07 Jag Z1

4 Strokes Z1 Turbo / Z1 / T660

Old 10-29-2011, 07:25 PM   #1

Sled: '07 Jaguar Z1
10-11 Mileage: 1771 (Jag Z1)
09-10 Mileage: 2000 (Jag Z1)
08-09 Mileage: 1500
07-08 Mileage: 1500
06-07 Mileage: 700
Thumbs up Wiring an electric heated visor on an '07 Jag Z1

Thought I'd post how I connected my GMax M44S heated face shield to my Jag Z1. Found a two pronged wire with a cap on it just below the battery on the right side of the sled. I removed the cap and found two prongs like you find on trailer wiring harnesses. I had a spare 4 wire trailer harness which I cut two wires off. I connected the red wire from my face shield wiring to the prongs that connected to the red/blue wire from the sled. I cut the eye of the face shield wires and soldered them to the trailer harness wires. I then connected the black wire from the face shield wiring to the prongs connected to the black wire on the sled. I removed two screws near the warning decals on top of the console under and behind the windshield. When I did this the whole console rotated out of the way. I then routed the wiring up under the right rear cowling panel which the foot rests under. I made sure I didn't route it near the chassis control unit(metal with fins) to make sure it didn't run against anything hot. I then removed a screw holding the throttle cable clamp and ran the face shield wiring through this along with the throttle cable. I was even able to connect the cap to one of the extra prongs on the trailer wiring harness I had used. I put everything back together and everything looked and worked great.
snoglider is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 10-30-2011, 10:47 PM   #2
Team ArcticChat

Team ArcticChat  
Team ArcticChat
Sled: Jaguar Z1
10-11 Mileage: 600
09-10 Mileage: 500
You could also buy a cigarette adapter to RCA style plug end from arctic cat. Don't have part number right now but it is in their accessories catalog.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
Old 10-31-2011, 09:43 PM   #3

Sled: 08 Jag Z1; 09 Z1; 94 Cougar 440
10-11 Mileage: 452; 500
 Quote: Originally Posted by bigbear View Post
You could also buy a cigarette adapter to RCA style plug end from arctic cat. Don't have part number right now but it is in their accessories catalog.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
They do not work well. My wife had on one for her sled and it kept coming out while riding. Ended up hard wiring.
kcheese62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 10:01 PM   #4
Team ArcticChat

Team ArcticChat  
Team ArcticChat
Sled: Jaguar Z1
10-11 Mileage: 600
Really, I haven't had that problem...YET! Thanks for that good news. Well, at least it's on MY sled and not my wifes. Between the wife and the daughter, they eat up cords yanking on them, dropping the ends in the snow, stepping on them. I just cringe when they do it. I carry an extra visor cord now just for them.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   ArcticChat.com - Arctic Cat Forum » Snowmobiles » Arctic Cat Snowmobiles » 4 Strokes

Search tags for this page
connecting gmax electirc shield to 2010 arctic cat
connecting gmax power cord to arctic cat
gmax electric shield install

gmax heated shield installation

gmax helmet wiring heated shield to arctic cat snowmobile

heated shield wiring

how to install a snowmobile wire harnes for helmet
how to install heated face shield arctic cat

install electric visor z1 arctic cat snowmobile

two way rca splitter for gmax heated shield
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.