NavbitArcticChat.com - Arctic Cat Forum » Snowmobiles » Arctic Cat Snowmobiles » 120/Kitty Cat » 2013 artic cat sno pro 120 problems

Old 12-17-2013, 08:38 AM   #1

2013 artic cat sno pro 120 problems

I just bought a 2013 Sno Pro 120. It doesnt idle at low RPM's. Also, the throttle response is very poor. I would like to have better throttle response. When trying to go, it bogs out real bad and then finally starts to move. How do I elminate that? Even when the sled is warmed up its still dies out and won't idle. Another problem I have is that the sled when stopped, the clutch will engage and it will start moving. That can't be right. I am really frustrated because I bought it new and never thought I would have to wrench on it every day and pull the daylights out of the thing just to keep it running so my kids can have a good time.
gofastturnleft is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 12-18-2013, 05:33 AM   #2

Sled: 2006 F 120
07-08 Mileage: 300
06-07 Mileage: 500
that can be frustrating...sounds like a couple carb adjustments.
the clutch engage pretty low on these at around 2100rpm. I am pretty confident that the reason it is taking off on you is that the idle is too high. It also appears that you have a dirty carb or your air screw needs an adjustment
On most of these little sleds the foam in the air box is removed to help increase air flow. this will help it breathe a bit better and move in the direction on helping your problems.
If this were my problem i would support the back of the sled so the track is suspended and not touching the ground. use a ratchet strap or something, just get the track off the ground. Next i would start the motor and let it warm up...these little sled can be a little cold blooded. Once it is warm, pay attention to how much you are turning as a reference point, and screw in the air screw until it lightly seats. DO NOT OVERTIGHTEN!!! The motor will stall, now i am guess the screw is more than a turn and a half...set your air screw to 1 1/1/4 turn open. Restart motor. You will have to adjust your engine idle again as it will now have change quite a bit...your track may be spinning at this point. Once you get the rpm back down, you will need to hit the throttle and continue to adjust the air screw to try and eliminate that bog. It can be a pain, life is a lot easier if you have a tiny tach on there and can see exactly what you are doing with the rpms...keep in mind you want your engine idle to be just below the point where you hear the clutch start to tick...
The clutch will start to tick at around 1900 to 2000rpms...(think these numbers are right, been a while since i have a played with a bone stocker) The clutch will actually engage about 200 rpms higher so it is a small adjustment we are talking about here.
The goal as i said is to have the engine idling and the clutch not ticking. If it the idle is too low it may just stall when you hit the throttle.
Keep in mind, the carb has two fuel circuits. A high speed and a low speed. At idle and low throttle the carb will be using the aircrew and pilot jet to get fuel to the motor, once you get the rpm up the main jet takes over and your problems go away...this is all tuning on the low speed circuit. If you are using anything higher than a 87 octane gas rating this will be a pain in the ass. Higher octane will NOT work in these sleds in stock form. If you need any more help, feel free to pm me and i would be more than happy to help you get through this problem....
Old 01-07-2014, 08:19 AM   #3

I had similar trouble with the 2014 cat we just bought the kids. The throttle response was disappointing to say the least. I ended up removing the governor return spring completely. This has really woke it up for response and power.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Takman74 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   ArcticChat.com - Arctic Cat Forum » Snowmobiles » Arctic Cat Snowmobiles » 120/Kitty Cat

Search tags for this page
2010 articat 120 bogging out
2013 arctic cat 120 carburetor
2013 arctic cat 120 carburetor problems
arctic cat 120 clutching problems
arctic cat 120 forum
arctic cat 120 has high rpms but wont go
arctic cat 120 problems

arctic cat 120 sno pro forum

arctic cat 120 wont move
turning up arctic cat 120
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.