NavbitArcticChat.com - Arctic Cat Forum » Snowmobiles » Arctic Cat Snowmobiles » 120/Kitty Cat » New 36t installed on ZR 120 18mph! What next?

Old 12-21-2009, 01:06 PM   #1

Sled: 200 ZL 600 & 2003 ZR 120
I just installed the a new 36t rear spocket along with removing governor from motor and opening up airbox, Rode with my daughter across bean field with 3" of soft snow and ran constant 18mph, but did notice the bottom end loss more than I thought we would. Next step is what people???? Go back to 38t and loose a little off the top or go with performance clutch with higher engagement to help make up for the bottom end loss and keep the 18mph top end. Also does the adjustable main jet make that much performance difference?
240tt is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 12-29-2009, 12:13 PM   #2

Sled: 200 ZL 600 & 2003 ZR 120
Anyone out there have any recommendations or experience on either of the two options Adjustable main jet or higher engaging perfomance clutch to bring back some of the lost bottom end?
240tt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 09:42 PM   #3

Sled: '01 Z 120
Make sure to look at gap settings may be able to get some bottom end from it. Tip from Rec Motorsports.

I am going to keep this simple, valve clearance can change the performance of your engine heres how.USE THIS TIP ONLY ON STOCK ENGINES: 1) By tighting the clearance on both valves to .003 you will retard your cam timing which will give you better top end performance; and 2) By loosening the clearance on both valves to .007 you will advance your cam timing which will give you better take of or bottom end.

Would vote for adjustable Main jet VS clutch. I would even go velocity stack before clutch. If you end up going clutch check out Wahl Bros. they have some great options.
theheftyones is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   ArcticChat.com - Arctic Cat Forum » Snowmobiles » Arctic Cat Snowmobiles » 120/Kitty Cat

Search tags for this page
arctic cat 120 performance
arctic cat 120 performance parts
arctic cat z120 performance
arctic cat zr 120 performance
arctic cat zr 120 performance parts
arctic cat zr120 performance parts
zr 120 mods

zr 120 performance

zr 120 performance parts

zr120 performance
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.