Old 01-26-2007, 05:12 PM   #1

Sled: 2004f7
CAN ANYONE TELL ME HOW TO ADJUST OR REMOVE THE GOVERNOR ON MY SONS KITTY KAT. IT DOESNT SEEM TO HAVE VERY MUCH POWER.
cranberry521 is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 01-28-2007, 07:42 AM   #2

Sled: 03 f7,
06-07 Mileage: 150 miles
Mine is the same way.

It just seems to bog under any type of load..like going up a hill or deepish powder.
canadianfcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 06:22 PM   #3

Sled: 1999/1973 Kitty Cat/2006 F120/2002 ZR120
You can do it a bunch of different ways. I can tell you now though that you will have to put in a 2.0 needle and seat. The engine uses the fuel in the float bowl of the carburator before it refills causing the engine to bog down, if you do any kind of mod to the governor. This is also done for longevity of the engine. You can zip tye the governor spring. Use as many zip ties as you like. You can find out where the governor spring is located by going to www.brownleisureworld.com Click on snowmobiles and pick the year Kitty you have, it will give you a list of parts. Another way is to loosen up the bolt that attaches the throttle control lever to the throttle return shaft. To do this procedure check out www.obups.com. On the bottom of thier page is instructions. The next way is to go internally on the clutch side. Good luck, also you might want to make the fuel mixture a little more rich. The engine will rev a lot higher, so a little more oil won't hurt it.
snodaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 09:18 PM   #4
Jay

Sled: 2012 XF 1100 Limited
10-11 Mileage: 1800
09-10 Mileage: 1500
08-09 Mileage: 1200
07-08 Mileage: 1200
ATV: Arctic Cat 400 4X4
Mine had the same problem, Jon at Olsen Brothers helped me get the thing to run better. I ended up re-jetting and running a hotter plug and the sled doesn't bog at all now even in deep snow.
Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 06:06 PM   #5

Sled: 2008 Yamaha FX Nytro
10-11 Mileage:
09-10 Mileage: 1000
08-09 Mileage: 2000
ATV: 1998 Polaris magnum 425 4x4
2010 Mileage: 500
2007 Mileage: 100
2006 Mileage: 100
you can juest hook the trootal cable to the carb govaer thing it workes way better
teamhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 06:18 PM   #6

Sled: 2004f7
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (snodaddy @ Jan 28 2007, 07:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
 Quote:
You can do it a bunch of different ways. I can tell you now though that you will have to put in a 2.0 needle and seat. The engine uses the fuel in the float bowl of the carburator before it refills causing the engine to bog down, if you do any kind of mod to the governor. This is also done for longevity of the engine. You can zip tye the governor spring. Use as many zip ties as you like. You can find out where the governor spring is located by going to www.brownleisureworld.com Click on snowmobiles and pick the year Kitty you have, it will give you a list of parts. Another way is to loosen up the bolt that attaches the throttle control lever to the throttle return shaft. To do this procedure check out www.obups.com. On the bottom of thier page is instructions. The next way is to go internally on the clutch side. Good luck, also you might want to make the fuel mixture a little more rich. The engine will rev a lot higher, so a little more oil won't hurt it. [/b]
THANKS FOR THE INFO, OBUPS WAS GREAT.
cranberry521 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   ArcticChat.com - Arctic Cat Forum » Snowmobiles » Arctic Cat Snowmobiles » 120/Kitty Cat

Search tags for this page
1996 arctic cat kitty cat governor set up
adjust governor kitty cat

arctic cat kitty cat governor

govenor settings on kitty kat

how to adjust the govener on a artic cat kitty kat

how to remove governor on kitty cat

how tobypass governor on kitty cat snowmobile
kitty cat govenor adjustment

kitty cat governor adjustment

remove governer on kitty cat
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.